Showing the full phone number.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alasdair, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    I note that many websites these days which give telephone numbers for
    the owners only give a partial number so that to call them one has to
    use Skype. By placing the cursor over the number, the full number in
    international format is displayed but only for a brief period and not
    long enough to write it down.

    Can anyone tell me how to freeze the full number displayed as I want
    to call it using a normal phone and not Skype. Is there any other way
    to get the full number displayed?

    --
    Alasdair.
     
    Alasdair, Jul 18, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Alasdair

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 02:29:43 +0100, Alasdair <>
    wrote:

    >I note that many websites these days which give telephone numbers for
    >the owners only give a partial number so that to call them one has to
    >use Skype. By placing the cursor over the number, the full number in
    >international format is displayed but only for a brief period and not
    >long enough to write it down.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me how to freeze the full number displayed as I want
    >to call it using a normal phone and not Skype. Is there any other way
    >to get the full number displayed?


    Huh?

    Give an example website.
    --
    To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
     
    Evan Platt, Jul 18, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Alasdair wrote:
    > I note that many websites these days which give telephone numbers for
    > the owners only give a partial number so that to call them one has to
    > use Skype. By placing the cursor over the number, the full number in
    > international format is displayed but only for a brief period and not
    > long enough to write it down.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to freeze the full number displayed as I want
    > to call it using a normal phone and not Skype. Is there any other way
    > to get the full number displayed?


    Try looking at page source. Once there, use the number fragment that
    you do see on the page as rendered by your browser to do a page search
    for the full number.


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 18, 2007
    #3
  4. Alasdair

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 18 Jul 2007 01:39:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Try looking at page source. Once there, use the number fragment that
    >you do see on the page as rendered by your browser to do a page search
    >for the full number.


    My guess is the OP has a plugin for his browser.which is enabling the
    skype thing. :)
    --
    To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
     
    Evan Platt, Jul 18, 2007
    #4
  5. Alasdair

    *alan* Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I note that many websites these days which give telephone numbers for
    > the owners only give a partial number so that to call them one has to
    > use Skype. By placing the cursor over the number, the full number in
    > international format is displayed but only for a brief period and not
    > long enough to write it down.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to freeze the full number displayed as I want
    > to call it using a normal phone and not Skype. Is there any other way
    > to get the full number displayed?


    I suppose you could "freeze" that number by hitting your "Print Screen" key
    as soon as your cursor reveals the number. Then just paste that screen
    image into any graphics program . . . or MS Word, or Excel, for that matter.

    --
    Alan
     
    *alan*, Jul 18, 2007
    #5
  6. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On 18 Jul 2007 01:39:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Try looking at page source. Once there, use the number fragment that
    >>you do see on the page as rendered by your browser to do a page search
    >>for the full number.

    >
    > My guess is the OP has a plugin for his browser.which is enabling the
    > skype thing. :)


    Okay. I don't know anything about skype.

    My phones are over there and there

    <------------- ------------->


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
     
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 18, 2007
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Chu
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    630
  2. Frisbee®
    Replies:
    37
    Views:
    1,176
  3. Mike

    Memory not showing full amount installed

    Mike, Jul 15, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    9,743
    Ron Martell
    Jul 15, 2004
  4. Chu
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    674
  5. urvin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    906
    urvin
    Apr 15, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page