    (thanks Redbaiter) but I think "show quoted text" might be simpler.
    Thank you.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, May 7, 2006

  2. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Some posters have "show quoted text" in blue at the top of their
    > messages. How do they do that please?
    > I've looked at Groups Help, and searched for a message about it, but no
    > luck. There must be something to click, but I can't find it.
    > I can get the whole message I'm replying to, and cut most of it out
    > (thanks Redbaiter) but I think "show quoted text" might be simpler.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Try a decent news server.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 7, 2006

  3. "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > Some posters have "show quoted text" in blue at the top of their
    > messages. How do they do that please?
    > I've looked at Groups Help, and searched for a message about it, but no
    > luck. There must be something to click, but I can't find it.
    > I can get the whole message I'm replying to, and cut most of it out
    > (thanks Redbaiter) but I think "show quoted text" might be simpler.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Some hints on what software you are using will help...................
    --
    -- Cheers
    Southern Kiwi

    Southern Kiwi, May 7, 2006
  4. Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > > Some posters have "show quoted text" in blue at the top of their
    > > messages. How do they do that please?
    > > I've looked at Groups Help, and searched for a message about it, but no
    > > luck. There must be something to click, but I can't find it.
    > > I can get the whole message I'm replying to, and cut most of it out
    > > (thanks Redbaiter) but I think "show quoted text" might be simpler.

    > Some hints on what software you are using will help...................

    She's not using a newsreader, she's using Google Groups.

    The answer to the question is that posters do not have any control over
    whether their posts feature the 'show quoted text' link. This is
    something that appears automatically when a Google Groups user views a
    posting which contains a large amount of quoted text. In short, it's a
    convenience feature which saves users from scrolling through messages
    with excessive amounts of quoting included.

    alastair.geek.nz, May 7, 2006
  5. geopelia

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2006-05-07, geopelia <> wrote:

    > Some posters have "show quoted text" in blue at the top of their
    > messages. How do they do that please?

    by quoting text.

    AIUI in google you hit "show options" and then "reply" on the menu that
    emerges. (I've never tried it myself)

    then you trim the bit's that aren't relevent... regular usenet stuff...

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, May 7, 2006
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    alastair.geek.nz wrote:
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >
    > > "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > > > Some posters have "show quoted text" in blue at the top of their
    > > > messages. How do they do that please?
    > > > I've looked at Groups Help, and searched for a message about it, but no
    > > > luck. There must be something to click, but I can't find it.
    > > > I can get the whole message I'm replying to, and cut most of it out
    > > > (thanks Redbaiter) but I think "show quoted text" might be simpler.

    > > Some hints on what software you are using will help...................

    > She's not using a newsreader, she's using Google Groups.
    >
    > The answer to the question is that posters do not have any control over
    > whether their posts feature the 'show quoted text' link. This is
    > something that appears automatically when a Google Groups user views a
    > posting which contains a large amount of quoted text. In short, it's a
    > convenience feature which saves users from scrolling through messages
    > with excessive amounts of quoting included.

    Thank you, that explains it.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, May 7, 2006