Show policy-map interface output with nested class-maps

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Steve, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I have CBWFQ set up on an interface. I've been playing with using
    various settings to do interesting BW mgmt. One of my queues has a
    nested class-map and the counters don't seem to match up in show
    policy-map interface:

    Class-map: BE_Bandwidth (match-all)
    8649 packets, 494658 bytes
    5 minute offered rate 6000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: class-map match-any BE
    Match: access-group name dscp0
    39258 packets, 2434571 bytes
    5 minute rate 31000 bps
    Match: qos-group 1
    Queueing
    Output Queue: Conversation 29
    Bandwidth 1 (%)
    Bandwidth 0 (kbps) Max Threshold 64 (packets)
    (pkts matched/bytes matched) 368/19480
    (depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0

    Can anyone tell me why the 5 min rate on the inner class-map is higher
    than on the outer? I do use these class-maps on other interfaces, but
    none of them have traffic running through at the moment. Does it have
    anything to do with the "offerred" part in the outer class-map?

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Steve, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I figured it out after staring awhile. The nested class-map shows the
    packets that would have ended up in this queue. However, the parent
    class-map is a MATCH-ALL, so the difference is the number of packets
    that matched the first clause, but not the second. These packets then
    dropped to the default queue.

    Steve, Nov 30, 2005