    will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in a
    set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
    put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?
    Ed Mullikin, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Ed Mullikin

    Des Perado Guest

    "Ed Mullikin" <> wrote in message
    news:b0%rd.1055$hn.588@lakeread06...
    >I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
    > know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
    > will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in
    > set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
    > put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

    I've used Photodex. A well constructed show can be very impressive. I've
    used it for quite a number of my clients.
    http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/
    Des Perado, Dec 3, 2004

  3. Ed Mullikin

    Mike F Guest

    Many of the newer DVD players can handle a series of jpg images
    on a CD. Just pop it in and play. Nero can burn a
    slide show (most burning software can). Irfanview may do
    what you want. There are many options -- google for slideshow

    mikey

    Mike F, Dec 3, 2004
  4. "Ed Mullikin" <> writes:
    > I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600
    > photos. I know that I can show them to friends using my camera and
    > the TV. But 600 will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe
    > 20-25 and show them in a set sequence. Does anyone know of a device
    > on the market that will let me put them on a CD and show them on a
    > TV that way?

    My very inexpenisve DVD-player will play JPEGs burned om a CD-ROM.
    I think that is a common feature (look for "JPEG" in the list of
    formats supported by the player). Just make sure they are
    numbered in sequence, and the "next" button on the remote will
    brimg up the next image. All you need to to this is a CD-ROM-
    burner (which are standard with PCs these day) - and a DVD-player
    that understands JPEG.

    If you want to do something more fancy, there is a number of
    programs that will let you burn a sequence of images onto a
    DVD, add captions, dissolves and music. This will give your
    show a more professional look, but you need a DVD-burner and
    said software in addition to the DVD-player.
    When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?
    Gisle Hannemyr, Dec 3, 2004
  5. Gisle Hannemyr <> writes:
    > My very inexpenisve DVD-player will play JPEGs burned om a CD-ROM.
    > I think that is a common feature (look for "JPEG" in the list of
    > formats supported by the player). Just make sure they are
    > numbered in sequence, and the "next" button on the remote will
    > bring up the next image.

    Hint. A TV is a low resolution device (640 x 480 px, 0.3 Mpx - unless
    you have one them newfangled hi-res TVs). You should downsample each
    image to this size before you burn it onto your presentation CD.

    Large images will work - the DVD player will automatically resize
    anything to fit snugly on the screen. But if you load your CD with
    5 Mpx images, each will take a long time to load (at least they do
    on my DVD-player, but YMMV).
    When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?
    Gisle Hannemyr, Dec 3, 2004
  6. Ed Mullikin

    Roger Guest

    On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:47:34 -0500, "Ed Mullikin" <>
    wrote:

    >I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
    >know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
    >will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in a
    >set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
    >put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

    Does your camera have a video output to TV? If so why not select the
    20-25 pictures on your computer, and down load them to a memory card
    on your pc, put it in your camera and use the camera to show the
    slides. (resequence the numbers on the file names to get the right
    order).

    Paint Shop Album software has a function to make a video CD - CD with
    video format that can be played in most DVD players. Just use any CD
    burner on your pc to make the vCD. I've done on occasion and works
    quite well. I've been "experimenting" with the Album software for
    filing my photos and a really like the configuration and search
    capabilities plus it's sharing features. While there are more
    sophisticated products on the market, I find this quite versatile and
    easy to return to - I don't search my photos very often. And more
    important easy to add new categories and without losing any prior
    information. I have one category set to "to print" and another set to
    "printed". As I'm reviewing photos, if I decide to print a photo I
    assign it to the "to print" cagtegory (or to vCD). When I decide to
    download to the commercial printer, all I have to do is select that
    category and the move it from the "to print" to "printed" when I get
    the photos returned.

    I like it better than integrated filing systems because hopefully I
    can maintain the filing system independent of editors, etc.

    Regards,
    Roger
    Roger, Dec 3, 2004
  7. Ed Mullikin

    JACK BENNETT Guest

    Hi Ed,

    Just burn the files to CD as a VCD using NERO or similar writing program,
    and Bob's your uncle!

    Cheers,
    Jack

    JACK BENNETT, Dec 3, 2004
  8. Ed Mullikin

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    Thanks for all of your suggestions. I should be able to make something work
    from this!

    Ed Mullikin, Dec 3, 2004
  9. Ed Mullikin

    News Will Guest

    "Ed Mullikin" <> wrote:

    > I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
    > know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
    > will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in
    > a set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let
    > me put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

    There are several peices of software.

    Try http://www.picturetotv.com/

    or play them onto a VHS or CD recorder.
    News Will, Dec 3, 2004
  10. Ed Mullikin

    Dave Cohen Guest

    MyDVD which came bundled with my external LiteOn DVD burner does a nice job
    of creating a cd (or dvd) slide show. Although my dvd player will handle
    ..jpg direct from cd, there is vertical distortion which I can eliminate by
    resampling.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Dec 3, 2004
  11. Ed Mullikin

    fortknight Guest

    Ed Mullikin wrote:
    > I just returned from three weeks in India and I took over 600 photos. I
    > know that I can show them to friends using my camera and the TV. But 600
    > will put anybody to sleep. I want to select maybe 20-25 and show them in a
    > set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
    > put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

    A DVD player...

    Seriously. Many DVD players have built in SlideShow Programs....
    fortknight, Dec 3, 2004
  12. Ed Mullikin

    Big Bill Guest

    On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:38:12 -0500, "Ed Mullikin" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for all of your suggestions. I should be able to make something work
    >from this!

    Beware that anything you use VCD format for will be worse than a VHS
    tape. For photos, this can suck big time.
    For better quality, use a DVD burner and DVDs.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"
    Big Bill, Dec 3, 2004
  13. >
    >set sequence. Does anyone know of a device on the market that will let me
    >put them on a CD and show them on a TV that way?

    ye, it's called a DVD-player.
    you see back here in the States people have been watching movies on them things
    for a few years now.
    Developwebsites, Dec 4, 2004
  14. Ed Mullikin

    Guest

    Hi, ED

    Here is a good application that can help you -' photo2vcd ' by
    wondershare.It is a powerful but easy to use utility that can help you
    to burn your digital photo slide show to VCD/SVCD format video CD.You
    can have a try from www.photo-to-vcd.com
    , Dec 7, 2004
  15. Ed Mullikin

    Don B Guest

    Sandisk makes a 6 in 1 digital photo viewer that ecost.com is selling
    for $19.99. The thing takes six different memory cards, will do
    slideshows or let you show them one at a time, will rotate pictures,
    will delete pictures, has a remote control, and will hook up to any set
    with a video in. I bought one a while back, and for the money, it's one
    of the slickest devices I have ever owned.
    Don B, Dec 7, 2004