    (and therefore debilitating).

    Thanks - have a good day!

    , Mar 18, 2005

  2. Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello, all - I'm using Thunderbird and Firefox and am quite pleased,
    > but would still love to switch back to recommending and using Mozilla
    > as an all-in-one package (as much for a couple specific clients as for
    > myself). The deal-breaker is the 'show images' option in Thunderbird -
    > this has become quite possibly the most useful thing in Thunderbird for
    > me (which is saying something). I've poked around here a bit and
    > through some websites, and can't seem to find out a) whether there's a
    > way to get this same function in Mozilla Mail (not the blanket
    > image-blocking, but this buttoned option); or b) if there's an XPI or
    > something that I can use for this.

    Ok, I'll bite, where's the "show images" option/button in Thunderbird?

    > I know Moz 1.8 is shelved/scrapped, so does this basically mean that we
    > have to stick to the two separate apps? Not a big deal for me, I
    > suppose, though I've got those couple of clients who find it confusing
    > (and therefore debilitating).
    >
    > Thanks - have a good day!

    See the last link in my sig for info on the future of the Suite.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, all - I'm using Thunderbird and Firefox and am quite pleased,
    >> but would still love to switch back to recommending and using Mozilla
    >> as an all-in-one package (as much for a couple specific clients as for
    >> myself). The deal-breaker is the 'show images' option in Thunderbird -
    >> this has become quite possibly the most useful thing in Thunderbird for
    >> me (which is saying something). I've poked around here a bit and
    >> through some websites, and can't seem to find out a) whether there's a
    >> way to get this same function in Mozilla Mail (not the blanket
    >> image-blocking, but this buttoned option); or b) if there's an XPI or
    >> something that I can use for this.

    > Ok, I'll bite, where's the "show images" option/button in Thunderbird?
    >

    >> I know Moz 1.8 is shelved/scrapped, so does this basically mean that we
    >> have to stick to the two separate apps? Not a big deal for me, I
    >> suppose, though I've got those couple of clients who find it confusing
    >> (and therefore debilitating).
    >> Thanks - have a good day!

    > See the last link in my sig for info on the future of the Suite.

    I'm with Ed, what do you mean by "buttoned option"? I see
    Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Privacy for image settings, but I don't have
    anything like a button.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 22, 2005