    Will I be able to have a cluster be comprised of switches on different
    subnets? i.e. after I go to L3 routing on the 3750.

    ADVthaAnksNCE
    Joel M. Baldwin, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Joel M. Baldwin

    Ivan Golovin Guest

    Hi!

    Can 2950G switches see each other via the CDP? What do they show with 'show
    cdp neighbors'?

    You can read about cluster command and member switch requirements here:
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2950/2950_wc/scg/scg_clus.htm

    --
    Ivan

    Ivan Golovin, Feb 23, 2004

  3. "Ivan Golovin" <> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: show cluster candidates shows nothing
    > From: "Ivan Golovin" <>
    > Newsgroups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco
    >
    > Hi!
    >
    > Can 2950G switches see each other via the CDP? What do they show with
    > 'show cdp neighbors'?

    'show cdp neighbors' on a 2950G shows only the 3750 switch. This
    makes sense since cdp only discovers 1 hop away devices.

    'show cdp neighbors' on the 3750 shows all the attached 2950Gs.

    I'm starting to wonder if I have a IOS bug going on. I noticed a mention
    in the release notes about cluster candidates not being discovered on
    devices attached to the 3750 so I deleted the cluster the 3750 was in
    ( just itself ) and now I can see >SOME< of the other 2950Gs when I do
    a 'show cluster candidates' from a 2950G.

    It appears that the 3750 has to have 'cluster run' set but not be
    a cluster manager for the attached 2950Gs to discover any candidates.

    Joel M. Baldwin, Feb 23, 2004