    objectives is tomorrow (26 Nov).

    As far as i knew there were suppose to be no xp questions on it. If they
    did mess up then how do i get them to pay for it? Any ideas?
    Wondering, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Wondering

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <Xns943EAFC9CEBD6Dustman@24.69.255.211>, says...

    >I took the OS test today (Nov 25) and failed, unfortunately.
    >
    >There were a lot of xp questions on it (at least 10) and im wondering if
    >they messed up and gave me the new test cause the change over to new
    >objectives is tomorrow (26 Nov).
    >
    >As far as i knew there were suppose to be no xp questions on it. If they
    >did mess up then how do i get them to pay for it? Any ideas?

    Sorry to hear of your misfortune. The XP questions should not have counted
    toward your score, but I don't think you have any way of knowing if they did or
    not. How do you score on FreeCompTIA's practice exams? What was your score on
    the CompTIA exam?
    Jinkies, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Wondering

    Truffles Guest

    Hi Wondering,

    Sorry about your results. I too took the exams today and noticed all
    the XP questions and was frustrated....I had a higer score on the
    hardware exam and lower on the OS exam with those questions, but
    managed to pass. I thought I had read here that they integrate the
    new objectives on the exams but we wouldn't be marked on those
    questions...just the 2001 objectives. When my exams get registered
    here I can look them up and see if they were marked as a count toward
    my score or not and get back to you. It's frustrating, I found a lot
    of stuff on those exams that were not in my course, or on the
    practice exams, and believe me I sat doing different exams on and off
    and then for 12 hrs. straight!
    ==============
    Truffles, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Wondering

    Wondering Guest

    (Truffles) wrote in news:3fc4105b$1_1
    @news.athenanews.com:

    > Hi Wondering,
    >
    > Sorry about your results. I too took the exams today and noticed all
    > the XP questions and was frustrated....I had a higer score on the
    > hardware exam and lower on the OS exam with those questions, but
    > managed to pass. I thought I had read here that they integrate the
    > new objectives on the exams but we wouldn't be marked on those
    > questions...just the 2001 objectives. When my exams get registered
    > here I can look them up and see if they were marked as a count toward
    > my score or not and get back to you. It's frustrating, I found a lot
    > of stuff on those exams that were not in my course, or on the
    > practice exams, and believe me I sat doing different exams on and off
    > and then for 12 hrs. straight!
    > ==============
    > For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

    Thanks for responding.

    I too found there was stuff on the exam not covered in my course material.
    My score was 461 (needing 469).

    An extra $200 (canadian) for an exam is a huge deal for me, i had to borrow
    the money in the first place. Humiliating i tell ya.

    Maybe it was my fault fine but it felt like some king of scam to be honest.
    Also i took it late in the day and i live on the west coast so there was no
    one to call.

    So i guess im screwed... I wish i could get them to give me a free exam...
    Wondering, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Wondering

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Second (this is the part that you won't like), the A+ exam is an easy
    >exam, and if you couldn't pass it, you are not ready for the
    >certificate. In fact, I'd say that about 1/4 to 1/2 of those who do
    >pass it really are not ready, in my mind, passing with 4xx or even a low
    >5xx on an 800 point scale is absurdly loose grading standard. The
    >minimum passing grade should be 70% (560) in my view.

    I disagree entirely with Barry's conclusion for reasons I've already expressed
    (let me know if you want a repeat). However, his premise that the test is easy
    to pass (providing you memorize practice exams and braindumps) is true. If
    you're scoring less than 95% on braindumps you should not expect to pass, it's
    that simple. Sometimes the demands of life get in the way of the amount of
    time we can devote to preperation, though. Try not to make the same mistake
    twice.
    Jinkies, Nov 27, 2003
  6. Wondering

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <TN7xb.22934$>,
    says...

    >I agree in large part with what you are saying. I've just started on the
    >certification track and can see that they (certifications) don't have the
    >value or get the respect they did a couple of years ago. Certification
    >testing reminds me a lot of the College Level Equivalency Program (CLEP).
    >These exams are designed to test knowledge gained on the job and through
    >self study. There is no set curriculum but there is a set of
    >objectives--just like the CLEP tests.

    Wow I just took a look at the CLEP website and its incredible! It's way
    cheaper than CompTIA certifications and the real world actually takes college
    degrees seriously! I am going to go nuts with CLEP! CompTIA, good bye and
    good riddence!! Thank you JBS for helping me see the light!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jinkies, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Wondering

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >"Jinkies" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, says...
    >> >

    >> >Second (this is the part that you won't like), the A+ exam is an easy
    >> >exam, and if you couldn't pass it, you are not ready for the
    >> >certificate. In fact, I'd say that about 1/4 to 1/2 of those who do
    >> >pass it really are not ready, in my mind, passing with 4xx or even a low
    >> >5xx on an 800 point scale is absurdly loose grading standard. The
    >> >minimum passing grade should be 70% (560) in my view.
    >> >

    >> I disagree entirely with Barry's conclusion for reasons
    >>I've already expressed

    >Of course you do, if you agreed with Barry you would have to admit your own
    >failure and accept responsibility for it.

    See how well that wisdom goes over in a rape crisis center sometime, troll.

    >> However, his premise that the test is easy
    >> to pass (providing you memorize practice exams and braindumps) is true.

    >Yes, its easy, no you don't have to memorize practice exams or even use
    >braindumps, well perhaps YOU did, but no one has to or should.

    I didn't say anyone had to, troll. I said it is easy to pass if you memorize
    braindumps. Learn how to read, troll.

    >>If
    >> you're scoring less than 95% on braindumps you should not expect to pass,

    >it's
    >> that simple. Sometimes the demands of life get in the way of the amount

    >of
    >> time we can devote to preperation, though. Try not to make the same

    >mistake
    >> twice.
    >>

    >If you can't find time to read ONE book, then you shouldn't bother with
    >certifications.

    I read two 500 page A+ books, and failed the adaptive OS exam, troll.
    Jinkies, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Wondering

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Re: ">Of course you do, if you agreed with Barry you would have to admit
    >your own
    > >>failure and accept responsibility for it.

    >See how well that wisdom goes over in a rape crisis center sometime, troll."
    >
    >I'm sorry, but you are the troll.

    No need to be sorry, Barry, because I'm not the troll!!! YIPEE!!!!

    >People are not responsible for everything that happens to them. But you
    >seem to be taking a position that they therefore are not responsible for
    >ANYTHING that happens to them.

    no that is not the position I seem to be taking because it isn't the position I
    have ever taken. The position ImhoTech is taking is a misinterpretation of
    social-darwinian rhetoric, which says that people are ALWAYS responsible for
    anything that happens to them.

    Would you like to debate cause & effect with me, Mr. Watzman? I'm well versed
    in the subject.

    >A woman does not deserve to be raped no matter what; not even if she
    >consents to having sex with someone and changes her mind immediately
    >prior to the act.
    >
    >But a person is totally responsible for their own ability to learn
    >material that is "learnable" by anyone of average (or even below
    >average) ability -- WITH EFFORT. It's not supposed to be "effortless".

    I guess your hope here is that if you claim that the material can be learned
    'with effort', even by those with a 'below average ability' (whatever that
    means), you can shame me into submitting to the authority of this test. But I
    know that have 'above average ability' and that I put far more effort into
    studying for A+ than the stupid cert is worth, and that it I found it difficult
    to pass inspite of being very familiar with the material covered in the
    objectives.

    I stick to my claim, the test is easy to pass if you memorize braindumps but
    can be difficult to pass if you don't. I also think that some of the people
    who think they passed without memorizing braindumps actually passed because
    they memorized braindumps.
    Jinkies, Nov 30, 2003