    the pc SD Card reader.

    Thanks a lot for your replies.

    Pieter

    Zebra, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Zebra

    Paige Miller Guest

    Re: Should SD card with pictures from KODAK Easyshare camera be readablein SD card reader in the pc?

    On Stardate 12/30/2003 11:27 AM, the following keys were mysteriously
    typed at Zebra's keyboard...
    > In addition the question I posted about not being able to transfer pictures
    > from the camera to the pc I have the following specific question about the
    > SD card.
    >
    > Should the SD card with pictures from my KODAK Easyshare DX6490 camera be
    > readable in the internal SD card reader in the pc or might a specific
    > protocol be
    > involved so that only the Kodak software is able to read the data on the
    > card? As I mentioned in the earlier posting the SD card is not readable in
    > the pc SD Card reader.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for your replies.

    I don't have an internal card reader in my PC. However, the SD card in
    my Kodak DX6490 is readable via Windows Explorer (I have Windows Me on
    my computer). So, its definitely not a proprietary Kodak format.

    Sounds more like your card is corrupted somehow.

    --
    Paige Miller
    pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com

    It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
    If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
    I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack

    Paige Miller, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Zebra

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Zebra <> wrote:

    > In addition the question I posted about not being able to transfer pictures
    > from the camera to the pc I have the following specific question about the
    > SD card.
    >
    > Should the SD card with pictures from my KODAK Easyshare DX6490 camera be
    > readable in the internal SD card reader in the pc or might a specific
    > protocol be
    > involved so that only the Kodak software is able to read the data on the
    > card? As I mentioned in the earlier posting the SD card is not readable in
    > the pc SD Card reader.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for your replies.

    It certainly should. Indeed I have just bought a small Easyshare for my
    daughter (who's 9), and downloaded those onto my iMac with OS 10 without
    any problems at all - and that's using a very cheap card reader I got
    from 7dayshop.

    Most cameras use standard FAT directory format anyway.

    I also took a card from my Minolta Z1 and put it into the Kodak for
    reformatting, but it read the card straight off. I formatted it anyway,
    not wanting to take any chances.

    --
    Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5 - BMW K100RS 8v)
    Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G3) (definitely staying)

    Andy Hewitt, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Zebra

    Zebra Guest

    Thank you Andy and Paige for your replies.

    I am more and more convinced that this card was corrupted and I brought it
    back to the store I got it from. I will post two new related questions to
    this newsgroup about the subject.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Pieter

    Zebra, Jan 2, 2004