Should Microsoft Charge More For Windows XP?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. In article <>, "geoff" <> wrote:
    >Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> Microsoft's bottom line has been suffering from sales of cut-price
    >> Windows XP. Its customers just don't seem to want to embrace newer
    >> versions of Windows.
    >>
    >> But why should the company's profits have to take a hit from this? The
    >> sensible thing to do would be to charge _more_ for XP. Why not make
    >> more money from the stubborn ones? And it would also persuade the
    >> non-so-stubborn ones to switch.
    >>
    >> And of course, after you finally phase out XP, you can
    >> correspondingly raise the price on the next-older version of Windows.
    >> And so on: always introduce the newest version at a lower price, and
    >> raise its price later when the previous version is finally killed.

    >Why are you interested ?

    ... and why does anyone still read (and worse, reply) to this guy ? :)
    Replies effectively break the filter. Please don't.

    Thanks.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 25, 2009

  3. In message <h6vb14$sl3$-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:

    > Who are you to tell people who they should and should not reply to?

    It gives me a great deal of amusement to keep discovering that my opposition
    is less competent than I am. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 25, 2009
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    impossible Guest

    > In message <h6vb14$sl3$-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:
    >
    >> Who are you to tell people who they should and should not reply to?

    > It gives me a great deal of amusement to keep discovering that my
    > opposition
    > is less competent than I am. :)

    Talking to yourself again, Larry?
    impossible, Aug 25, 2009
  5. Bruce Sinclair

    Sailor Sam Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    > message news:h6vbt6$1pg$...
    >> In message <h6vb14$sl3$-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:
    >>
    >>> Who are you to tell people who they should and should not reply to?

    >> It gives me a great deal of amusement to keep discovering that my
    >> opposition
    >> is less competent than I am. :)

    > Talking to yourself again, Larry?

    That's, what, the third time in two days I've been accused of being a
    sock puppet in nz.comp.

    Gosh, I must have made an impact.
    Sailor Sam, Aug 25, 2009
  6. Bruce Sinclair

    impossible Guest

    "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    > impossible wrote:

    >>> It gives me a great deal of amusement to keep discovering that my
    >>> opposition
    >>> is less competent than I am. :)

    >> Talking to yourself again, Larry?

    > That's, what, the third time in two days I've been accused of being a sock
    > puppet in nz.comp.
    >
    > Gosh, I must have made an impact.

    No, Larry, it's just you having a conversation with yourself and me making
    fun of you.
    impossible, Aug 25, 2009
  7. Bruce Sinclair

    Sailor Sam Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    >> impossible wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:h6vbt6$1pg$...

    >>> Talking to yourself again, Larry?

    >> That's, what, the third time in two days I've been accused of being a
    >> sock puppet in nz.comp.
    >>
    >> Gosh, I must have made an impact.

    > No, Larry, it's just you having a conversation with yourself and me
    > making fun of you.

    Wow, what a privilege it is to see your mind in action.
    Sailor Sam, Aug 25, 2009
  8. Bruce Sinclair

    impossible Guest

    "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    > impossible wrote:
    >>
    >> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> That's, what, the third time in two days I've been accused of being a
    >>> sock puppet in nz.comp.
    >>>
    >>> Gosh, I must have made an impact.

    >> No, Larry, it's just you having a conversation with yourself and me
    >> making fun of you.

    > Wow, what a privilege it is to see your mind in action.

    Oh, now Larry, there's no need to grovel.
    impossible, Aug 25, 2009
  9. Bruce Sinclair

    Sailor Sam Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    >> impossible wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> No, Larry, it's just you having a conversation with yourself and me
    >>> making fun of you.

    >> Wow, what a privilege it is to see your mind in action.

    > Oh, now Larry, there's no need to grovel.

    Ooo a never ending thread of accusations. You should post to nz.general.
    Sailor Sam, Aug 25, 2009
  10. On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:54:32 +1200, Sailor Sam <> wrote in

    > impossible wrote:
    >>
    >> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Wow, what a privilege it is to see your mind in action.

    >> Oh, now Larry, there's no need to grovel.

    > Ooo a never ending thread of accusations. You should post to nz.general.

    NNNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo......................!

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 25, 2009
  11. Bruce Sinclair

    impossible Guest

    "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    > impossible wrote:
    >>
    >> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Wow, what a privilege it is to see your mind in action.

    >> Oh, now Larry, there's no need to grovel.

    > Ooo a never ending thread of accusations.

    Just one you can't shake, Larry ...I mean Sailor...I mean, Larry. You're a
    two-bit troll who scurries away from any discussion that obliges you to deal
    in facts. When challenged to back up one of your ridiculous claims, you
    invariably turn tail and run.

    > You should post to nz.general.

    I'm content to kick your arse in nz.comp, thank you.
    impossible, Aug 25, 2009
  12. Bruce Sinclair

    Sailor Sam Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    >> impossible wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Oh, now Larry, there's no need to grovel.

    >> Ooo a never ending thread of accusations.

    > Just one you can't shake, Larry ...I mean Sailor...I mean, Larry. You're
    > a two-bit troll who scurries away from any discussion that obliges you
    > to deal in facts. When challenged to back up one of your ridiculous
    > claims, you invariably turn tail and run.

    Um... since when?
    Have you got any links that show you are accurate?

    >> You should post to nz.general.

    > I'm content to kick your arse in nz.comp, thank you.

    Well, you had better get started then, so far all you are doing is
    scoring own goals.
    Sailor Sam, Aug 25, 2009
  13. In message <h6vlrg$grt$-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:

    > Have you got any links that show you are accurate?

    Quite the opposite, in fact
    <http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/1129cd55159c9156>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 25, 2009
  14. Bruce Sinclair

    impossible Guest

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q="Lawrence D'Oliveiro" nz.comp Dimdows
    impossible, Aug 25, 2009
  15. In article <h6vb14$sl3$-september.org>, Sailor Sam <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <>, "geoff"

    > <> wrote:
    >>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    (snip)
    >>> Why are you interested ?

    >> .. and why does anyone still read (and worse, reply) to this guy ? :)
    >> Replies effectively break the filter. Please don't.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >Who are you to tell people who they should and should not reply to?

    I'm telling no one what to do. Merely seeking enlightenment as to why white
    noise needs a reponse ... and asking politely that people think before
    posting (gods ! ... we should be so lucky ! :) ) to reduce the noise to a
    minimum.
    Meta discussions are always on topic. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Aug 25, 2009
  16. Bruce Sinclair

    impossible Guest

    "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    > impossible wrote:
    >>
    >> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Um... since when?
    >>> Have you got any links that show you are accurate?
    >>>

    >> http://lmgtfy.com/?q="Lawrence D'Oliveiro" nz.comp Dimdows

    > Orsum, as vague as you want.
    > Now, prove I am Lawrence.

    Aren't you supposed to be "Sailor Sam"?

    Anyway, the whole point of using a sock puppet is that no one can "prove" a
    thing. And I couldn't care less. You get to prance around peddling Larry
    D'Loserisms, and I get to call you out. Ain't life grand?!
    impossible, Aug 25, 2009
  17. Bruce Sinclair

    Sailor Sam Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    >> impossible wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q="Lawrence D'Oliveiro" nz.comp Dimdows

    >> Orsum, as vague as you want.
    >> Now, prove I am Lawrence.

    > Aren't you supposed to be "Sailor Sam"?

    Well, it /was/ your assertion

    > Anyway, the whole point of using a sock puppet is that no one can
    > "prove" a thing.

    There is that, although by that rule, everyone who answered me in the
    refund thread were your sock puppets.

    > And I couldn't care less.

    Just enough to have a never ending thread...

    > You get to prance around
    > peddling Larry D'Loserisms, and I get to call you out. Ain't life grand?!

    Fine by me, shoot as many own goals as you like.
    Sailor Sam, Aug 25, 2009
  18. Bruce Sinclair

    impossible Guest

    "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    > impossible wrote:
    >>
    >> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Orsum, as vague as you want.
    >>> Now, prove I am Lawrence.

    >> Aren't you supposed to be "Sailor Sam"?
    >>

    > Well, it /was/ your assertion

    Well it /is/ your nick.

    >> Anyway, the whole point of using a sock puppet is that no one can "prove"
    >> a thing.

    > There is that, although by that rule, everyone who answered me in the
    > refund thread were your sock puppets.

    Feeling a little unloved? Perhaps you should have thought about that before
    inventing as tale no one could believe.

    >> And I couldn't care less.

    > Just enough to have a never ending thread...

    You're welcome to leave any time. I'm just here to humiliate a troll.

    >> You get to prance around peddling Larry D'Loserisms, and I get to call
    >> you out. Ain't life grand?!

    > Fine by me, shoot as many own goals as you like.

    Did you say something? Or was that just another cliche dribbling across the
    page?
    impossible, Aug 25, 2009
  19. Bruce Sinclair

    Sailor Sam Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message
    >> impossible wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Sailor Sam" <> wrote in message

    >>> Aren't you supposed to be "Sailor Sam"?
    >>>

    >> Well, it /was/ your assertion
    >>

    > Well it /is/ your nick.

    ???

    >>> Anyway, the whole point of using a sock puppet is that no one can
    >>> "prove" a thing.

    >> There is that, although by that rule, everyone who answered me in the
    >> refund thread were your sock puppets.
    >>

    > Feeling a little unloved? Perhaps you should have thought about that
    > before inventing as tale no one could believe.

    Well, there is this never ending thread...

    >>> And I couldn't care less.

    >> Just enough to have a never ending thread...

    > You're welcome to leave any time. I'm just here to humiliate a troll.

    Well, you are humiliating yourself, that's a start.

    >>> You get to prance around peddling Larry D'Loserisms, and I get to
    >>> call you out. Ain't life grand?!

    >> Fine by me, shoot as many own goals as you like.

    > Did you say something? Or was that just another cliche dribbling across
    > the page?

    Do you need help?
    Sailor Sam, Aug 25, 2009
  20. Bruce Sinclair

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <h6vb14$sl3$-september.org>, Sailor Sam <> wrote:
    >> Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > (snip)
    >>> .. and why does anyone still read (and worse, reply) to this guy ? :)
    >>> Replies effectively break the filter. Please don't.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Who are you to tell people who they should and should not reply to?

    > I'm telling no one what to do. Merely seeking enlightenment as to why white
    > noise needs a reponse ... and asking politely that people think before
    > posting (gods ! ... we should be so lucky ! :) ) to reduce the noise to a
    > minimum.
    > Meta discussions are always on topic. :)

    Seems doubtful.
    Sailor Sam, Aug 25, 2009