    and creates interesting lens flair and interesting but usually
    undesired out of focus effects.

    Jeff <It's all ASAAR's fault;->

    ½ Confused, Feb 21, 2006

  2. ½ Confused

    Guest

    If I'm going to photo somewhere when it will be possibly rainy,
    dusty, etc., I take the big digicam with that UV filter. (Most of the
    "small" digicams won't take any filter.)

    , Feb 21, 2006

  3. In article <>, ‡ Confused
    <> wrote:

    > I always keep a B+W UV filter on the end of a lens if I'm on location
    > with traffic, high wind, rain, or the Los Angeles sky is smoggy and
    > hazy. Otherwise, I don't. Unless I'm lazy. Then there are the
    > exceptions, like a very humid day when moisture can cause a fog in
    > between the lens and the filter which usually destroys time exposures
    > and creates interesting lens flair and interesting but usually
    > undesired out of focus effects.

    I keep a UV filter on to protect the lens then a polarizer in case I
    need to get rid of reflections or make the sky bluer then a star filter
    just to make little light things look cool and I don't take my flash
    card out so that I don't wear out the contacts and I just delete the
    pictures after I've transferred instead of formatting the card so that
    the card electronics don't wear out.

    Randall Ainsworth, Feb 21, 2006
  4. ½ Confused

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > If I'm going to photo somewhere when it will be possibly rainy,
    > dusty, etc., I take the big digicam with that UV filter. (Most of the
    > "small" digicams won't take any filter.)
    >
    > No $4 to park! No $6 admission! http://www.INTERNET-GUN-SHOW.com

    Mine does

    Stewy, Feb 21, 2006
  5. ½ Confused

    timepixdc Guest

    In article <>,
    ? Confused <> wrote:

    > I always keep a B+W UV filter on the end of a lens if I'm on location
    > with traffic, high wind, rain, or the Los Angeles sky is smoggy and
    > hazy. Otherwise, I don't.

    Keep it on all the times. See: sand, rocks...

    timepixdc, Feb 21, 2006
  6. ½ Confused

    ½ Confused Guest

    Randall wrote:

    > I keep a UV filter on to protect the lens then a polarizer in case I
    > need to get rid of reflections or make the sky bluer then a star filter
    > just to make little light things look cool and I don't take my flash
    > card out so that I don't wear out the contacts and I just delete the
    > pictures after I've transferred instead of formatting the card so that
    > the card electronics don't wear out.

    No warming filter? ;^)

    ½ Confused, Feb 22, 2006