    differ so much?Should I trust these low price shopper??
    Can you give me some advices?thanks a lot
    http://www.digitalsaver.com/stores.asp?productid=18996#description

    biggeorge, Apr 20, 2005

  2. On 20 Apr 2005 13:08:03 -0700, "biggeorge" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    > I just want to buy Pentax Pentax ist DS camera online.But I found
    >that the price in different online shop differ so much!!In A&M photo
    >world and digitalliquidators.com price is very low(about $569.00),but
    >in DELL or AMAZON price is about $200 above.I can not see any
    >difference of the product they provide? Why same products's price
    >differ so much?Should I trust these low price shopper??
    > Can you give me some advices?thanks a lot
    > http://www.digitalsaver.com/stores.asp?productid=18996#description

    No, you can't trust them. The only thing you can trust them to do is
    try to rip you off. Check them out at.

    http://www.resellerratings.com/

    A&M Photo has rating of 0.59 out of a possible 10.

    Komesho Nonyati! as we cross the firing line!!

    "Komesho Nonyati"
    from "The Recces"
    by Lourens Fourie

    John A. Stovall, Apr 20, 2005

  3. On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:04:20 -0500, John A. Stovall
    <> wrote:

    >On 20 Apr 2005 13:08:03 -0700, "biggeorge" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >> I just want to buy Pentax Pentax ist DS camera online.But I found
    >>that the price in different online shop differ so much!!In A&M photo
    >>world and digitalliquidators.com price is very low(about $569.00),but
    >>in DELL or AMAZON price is about $200 above.I can not see any
    >>difference of the product they provide? Why same products's price
    >>differ so much?Should I trust these low price shopper??
    >> Can you give me some advices?thanks a lot
    >> http://www.digitalsaver.com/stores.asp?productid=18996#description

    >No, you can't trust them. The only thing you can trust them to do is
    >try to rip you off. Check them out at.
    >
    >http://www.resellerratings.com/
    >
    >A&M Photo has rating of 0.59 out of a possible 10.

    Digitalliquidators beats A&M Photo. They have a 0.29 rating.

    John A. Stovall, Apr 20, 2005
  4. biggeorge

    M. MacDonald Guest

    M. MacDonald, Apr 20, 2005
  5. biggeorge

    Jer Guest

    biggeorge wrote:
    > Hi
    > I just want to buy Pentax Pentax ist DS camera online.But I found
    > that the price in different online shop differ so much!!In A&M photo
    > world and digitalliquidators.com price is very low(about $569.00),but
    > in DELL or AMAZON price is about $200 above.I can not see any
    > difference of the product they provide? Why same products's price
    > differ so much?Should I trust these low price shopper??
    > Can you give me some advices?thanks a lot
    > http://www.digitalsaver.com/stores.asp?productid=18996#description

    I wouldn't trust those thieves to take my dirty tissues to the can out back.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Apr 21, 2005
  6. biggeorge

    biggeorge Guest

    Thanks a lot.I am very appreciate that you tell me the truth.I should
    take a look for those trusted shopper.Do you guys have some advice for
    which shopper is good and low price for digital camera?thanks again

    biggeorge, Apr 21, 2005
  7. On 20 Apr 2005 17:27:27 -0700, "biggeorge" <> wrote:

    >Thanks a lot.I am very appreciate that you tell me the truth.I should
    >take a look for those trusted shopper.Do you guys have some advice for
    >which shopper is good and low price for digital camera?thanks again

    Trust and low don't go together. But I buy from B&H. Amazon is good
    and can have some good deals at times.

    I would rather pay a little more and know I have a firm which stands
    behind that they sell and I've found that to be the case with B&H.
    I'm getting a Canon 24-70 F2.8L from them when they are back from
    Passover. I would not make such a purchase from any other online
    dealer.

    Take a look at them.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Apr 21, 2005
  8. biggeorge

    Tony Guest

    The difference is between shops that put real prices on the web and those
    that put up fake prices and then screw you.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Apr 21, 2005
  9. I had a lot of trouble finding a place to order from. B&H was
    mentioned here as was www.17photo.com. I bought from 17photo and had
    the camera in a few days, no troubles.
    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Apr 21, 2005
  10. Scott Streeter wrote:
    > I had a lot of trouble finding a place to order from. B&H was
    > mentioned here as was www.17photo.com. I bought from 17photo and had
    > the camera in a few days, no troubles.

    I've had excellent experiences with buydig.com. Their rating is pretty
    high, but to be sure not everyone who has dealt with them was happy. I
    recently purchased a Nikon 8800 over the internet for $725 delivered. I
    had it in three days, with no phone calls or any glitches. I had a
    similar experience buying a DVD recorder a few months ago. Their prices
    are quite low. I've never talked to them on the phone, though. As
    always, see resellerrattings.

    Joe
    ------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
    For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
    fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
    PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
    ---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----

    Joseph Miller, Apr 21, 2005
  11. biggeorge <> wrote:
    : Hi
    : I just want to buy Pentax Pentax ist DS camera online.But I found
    : that the price in different online shop differ so much!!In A&M photo
    : world and digitalliquidators.com price is very low(about $569.00),but
    : in DELL or AMAZON price is about $200 above.I can not see any
    : difference of the product they provide? Why same products's price
    : differ so much?Should I trust these low price shopper??
    : Can you give me some advices?thanks a lot

    That $200 difference is between US and non-US prices. Pentax cameras are
    imported to the US and have to pay a duty. But if the camera is being sold
    outside the US this duty is removed. But when you do a search for the
    camera on line you get BOTH cameras listed. My own experience (over 6
    months of a runaround from 4 different sellers) shows that they will take
    your order and it will go on (permanent) backorder. They are legally
    unable to ship an overseas version camera to an inside US address. The
    camera is the same, but the duty is the whole difference. The only way I
    finally got my camera was when I was talking to a customer serv rep at one
    more shop, and asked if there was any chance that I would ever actually
    get this camera. The rep spouted off that if "you" (meaning those of us
    who search for good deals on the internet) would only order from the
    correct page you would get the item right away. I suprized him by telling
    him, if that's the whole problem, what's your price for the RIGHT camera.
    He told me the price and 3 days later I had my Pentax *ist-DS in my hot
    little hands.

    The export only pages do not spell out that they are export only. So I
    suggest that you do the price research on line, but make all orders by
    phone where you can ask if this camera can be shipped to a US address.
    This will save you a lot of headaches.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Apr 22, 2005
  12. biggeorge

    Zenophobe Guest

    I shudder when I heard the word "liquidators." <shudder> Common sense
    tells me that what they offer in lower cost has to be made up
    somewhere else. The cameras might not have a USA warranty, which can
    be a major pain if service is necessary. Perhaps it is a refurbished
    unit, or the UPC code is missing from the box. I"ve heard horror
    stories of people turning on their new cameras and not recognizing the
    displayed language, though I can't verify such stories as true.
    Sometimes lower prices may mean missing items that you'll end up
    paying for, but should have been there in the first place (and would
    have from a respectable store). Lower prices might mean hours arguing
    with a sales rep. about a return you need to make, or having them give
    you the hard sell routine. I tend to shy away from the little guys
    and shop at big online sites like amazon.com or buy.com. I may pay a
    bit more now, but I know my chances of receiving what I expect and
    having minimum hassles if I need to return something or have it
    serviced, is worth the money I save on aspirin.

    Zenophobe, Apr 22, 2005
  13. biggeorge

    biggeorge Guest

    Hi Randy Berbaum
    you also got an Pentax *ist-DS??Where did you buy this camera?How
    much is it ?Thanks

    biggeorge, Apr 23, 2005
  14. biggeorge <> wrote:
    : Hi Randy Berbaum
    : you also got an Pentax *ist-DS??

    Yep. And I am REALLY enjoying it. I have had it for several months and
    still feel like I am exploring the possibilities of a "new toy". Each day
    I seem to think of (or hear of) something else to try with it. Some things
    i want to play with will have to wait until the proper timing (Fireworks
    are hard to shoot around here, outside of the 4th). :)

    : Where did you buy this camera?

    Believe it or not, I am not totally sure at the moment. All the paperwork
    from the transaction is in storage, and at one time I was dealing with 5
    different sellers in an attempt to find one that would ship what I wanted.
    So you will understand that I have tried to blank out the entire
    frustrating episode. :)

    : How much is it ?

    The prices of this camera are so dynamic that what I payed a few months
    ago will have absolutely NOTHING to do with todays prices. In fact the
    "best price" for today will most likely not be true tomorrow. But if you
    do a search for "ist-ds" and throw out the highest and lowest prices (the
    first are overpriced and the second are likely to be bait of some type)
    you will find that most of the prices fall into a fairly narrow range. If
    you find that there is a definate split of about $200 between two groups
    of prices for the same item (body only or with lens, etc.) you are
    probably looking at a import vs export price split.

    Just my opinion.

    Randy

    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Apr 23, 2005

  1. Louis

    #1 Online Shopping Site

    Louis, Feb 29, 2004, in forum: Computer Support