    A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
    should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
    of books? What does everyone think?

    Nocturnal, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Nocturnal

    Brian Guest

    "Nocturnal" <> wrote
    > I just bought an
    > A+ book to study for the A+ exam. I was wondering if I
    > should return it and put the credit towards an MCSE set
    > of books? What does everyone think?

    Depends on what you want to do. Look at the qualifications for the jobs you
    are interested in.

    Maybe you should start with MCSA, I think the A+ exam counts as an elective
    there.

    Brian

    Brian, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Nocturnal

    Yoshi Guest

    I don't want to be too negative, but don't bother.

    Yoshi, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Nocturnal

    CompUser Guest

    There is no "official" A+ course-ware or exam "COMPTIA" is one of the
    industry wide distributors of the actual exam and A+ certification standard.
    A+ certification is not recognized as any vendor specific Cert. however my
    opinion is its worth while to Dot your I's and cross your T's if your going
    for "up" the ladder certification, in other words I found it worthwhile to
    know what all the bits and bytes are doing.

    "CompUser"

    CompUser, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Nocturnal

    Jeff Rush Guest

    Get your feet wet with the A+ and A++ maybe even the network+ before MCS*

    It would be a nice primer in to certs and they are good to have to show you
    have the basics.

    IMHO

    Jeff

    Jeff Rush, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Nocturnal

    Brat Guest

    What is A++?

    Brat, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Nocturnal

    Rich Guest

    A+ is a good place to start your certification track.
    It'll be nice to put on a resume, anyway.

    Have you any real-world job experience in computers?

    Rich, Dec 4, 2003