    2) "per server"
    which one should i select to do all the exercises in my virtual machines?
    thanks
    ADRENALINE, Jan 21, 2004

  2. ADRENALINE

    |{evin Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:56:33 +0200, "ADRENALINE"
    <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >i am installing win2003 ent server in my virtual machine to do MCSE 2003
    >exercises,it has 2 options:
    >1) "per device or per user"
    >2) "per server"
    >which one should i select to do all the exercises in my virtual machines?
    >thanks

    What kind of license do yu have?
    |{evin, Jan 21, 2004

  3. ADRENALINE

    ADRENALINE Guest

    i have normal 5 user (device) licence. but i phoned microsoft and they said
    i can choose per server too.
    They are not sure what i should select either so i thought i am gonna ask on
    here.

    ADRENALINE, Jan 21, 2004
  4. ADRENALINE

    Matt Guest

    per server....
    you only have the one server so go with that.
    per user is normally used when you have multiple servers that the users will
    need to access.

    Matt, Jan 21, 2004
  5. >i have normal 5 user (device) licence. but i phoned microsoft and they said
    >i can choose per server too.
    >They are not sure what i should select either so i thought i am gonna ask on
    >here.

    With one server, per server is best here.

    You do need to understand the difference between the two in the real
    world, so check out the product documentation.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 21, 2004
  6. ADRENALINE

    ADRENALINE Guest

    i have 3 virtual win 2003 servers for doing mcse 2003 exercises..
    still, should i choose per server?

    ADRENALINE, Jan 21, 2004
  7. ADRENALINE

    Brat Guest

    I'd go with per user... you can always upgrade later... but once you choose
    per server you cannot go back (if my memory serves me correct)

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 21, 2004
  8. ADRENALINE

    Dave Guest

    Actually you can't go from per user back to per server. If you use 3 servers
    then go for per user.
    Per user allows each licensed user to connect to multiple servers. Per
    server allows as many users as you have licenses for to connect to that
    server.

    Dave, Jan 22, 2004
  9. ADRENALINE

    Brat Guest

    I knew it was one way or the other... hence the disclaimer of "if my memory
    serves me right"... guess it didnt quite... lol

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 22, 2004
  10. ADRENALINE

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Is it that age thing kicking in again????

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Jan 22, 2004
  11. ADRENALINE

    Brat Guest

    nope... the flu... had it for over a week now :(

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 22, 2004
  12. ADRENALINE

    Jtyc Guest

    > nope... the flu... had it for over a week now :(

    Your white blood cells are weak and inferior. German white blood cells are
    supreme!
    Jtyc, Jan 22, 2004
  13. ADRENALINE

    Brat Guest

    my Irish blood would argue that... but then I'm just a mean single mom who
    knows nothing apparently... sheesh...

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 22, 2004
  14. ADRENALINE

    JaR Guest

    > Your white blood cells are weak and inferior. German white blood cells

    are
    > supreme!

    Die Fahne hoch die Reihen fest geschlossen
    S. A. marschiert mit ruhig festem Schritt
    Kam'raden die Rotfront und Reaktion erschossen
    Marschier'n im Geist in unsern Reihen mit

    Die Strasse frei den braunen Batallionen
    Die Strasse frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann
    Es schau'n auf's Hackenkreuz voll Hoffung schon Millionen
    Der Tag fur Freiheit und fur Brot bricht an

    Zum letzen Mal wird nun Appell geblasen
    Zum Kampfe steh'n wir alle schon bereit
    Bald flattern Hitler-fahnen Uber allen Strassen
    Die Knechtschaft dauert nur mehr kurze Zeit

    Die Fahne hoch die Reihen fest geschlossen
    S. A. marschiert mit ruhig festem Schritt
    Kam'raden die Rotfront und Reaktion erschossen
    Marschier'n im Geist in unsern Reihen mit

    There, that oughta get somebody all upset <VBEG>

    JaR
    Uber Thug
    JaR, Jan 22, 2004
  15. ADRENALINE

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > my Irish blood would argue that... but then I'm just a mean single mom
    who
    > knows nothing apparently... sheesh...

    You know damn right!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "kerpal abuse thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 22, 2004
  16. ADRENALINE

    Jtyc Guest

    > There, that oughta get somebody all upset <VBEG>

    Been reading Mein Kampf or something?
    Jtyc, Jan 22, 2004
  17. ADRENALINE

    JaR Guest

    > Been reading Mein Kampf or something?

    LOL! You have der nail upon the head gehit.

    Actually I'm about halfway through a book about 'Opeation Cobra' and the
    allied breakout in France.
    JaR, Jan 22, 2004
  18. ADRENALINE

    Jtyc Guest

    > Actually I'm about halfway through a book about 'Opeation Cobra' and the
    > allied breakout in France.

    Sounds like a good read. I have the history books used by West Point for
    WWII. Absolutely fascinating. One book is dedicated to maps. :)

    It's pretty amazing how unprepared the Germans really were for that war and
    yet reaked havoc all across Europe.
    Jtyc, Jan 22, 2004
  19. ADRENALINE

    JaR Guest

    > >> It's pretty amazing how unprepared the Germans really were for that war

    and
    > yet reaked havoc all across Europe.

    What's chilling is the casualty counts. On the first day of Cobra, the
    massive bombing before the assault resulted in hundreds of allied dead from
    "shorts" and thousands wounded. The German casualty rate was horrendous.
    Whole regiments literally wiped out! One cannot imagine the courage of the
    troops on both sides.

    JaR
    Awed Thug
    JaR, Jan 22, 2004
  20. >It's pretty amazing how unprepared the Germans really were for that war and
    >yet reaked havoc all across Europe.

    Even more amazing was how stupid the British and French were.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 22, 2004