    C:\Recycled\Dc58.exe is infected with Adware.P2PNetworking

    Is this associated in any way with ad-aware which I am running? Should I
    delete the file or not?

    Bud Light, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Bud Light

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    Thanks for the help.

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.p2pnetworking.html

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&q="Adware.P2PNetworking"&btnG=Search

    Bud Light, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Bud Light

    Richard Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:22:23 -0500 Bud Light wrote:

    > I just used Symantec on-line virus scan and it came back with 1
    > infected
    > file. Here's the result:

    > C:\Recycled\Dc58.exe is infected with Adware.P2PNetworking

    > Is this associated in any way with ad-aware which I am running? Should
    > delete the file or not?

    Delete it.
    It's basically a "peer to peer" ad recycler generally found in things like
    kazaa and instant messengers.
    Run a firewall like zone alarm and deny it access.

    In IE go to tools//options//advanced tab.
    Scroll down until you see two items "enable install on demand........".
    Uncheck both.
    This way you will not get things automatically downloaded you don't want.

    In firefox go to options//web features.
    Uncheck the box "allow websites to install software".

    Richard, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    Thanks for the response.