    (combination of having a couple nikon lenses and price). Should I buy
    a refurbished or a new camera? Sites say the refurbished are up to
    standards and like new. Truthfully what is the difference?
    corey s., Apr 30, 2006

  2. corey s. wrote:
    > After doing much research I have decided to go with the Nikon D50
    > (combination of having a couple nikon lenses and price). Should I buy
    > a refurbished or a new camera? Sites say the refurbished are up to
    > standards and like new. Truthfully what is the difference?

    It depends on the amount of savings and warranty involved. If you get a
    shortened warranty to save only a few bucks it might not be worth it. As
    for the quality and reliability of refurbished cameras, it can be a
    crapshoot, but most refurbs are great. You will have to weigh the
    advantages and disadvantages for yourself on this one.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Apr 30, 2006

  3. corey s.

    Pete D Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > corey s. wrote:
    >> After doing much research I have decided to go with the Nikon D50
    >> (combination of having a couple nikon lenses and price). Should I buy
    >> a refurbished or a new camera? Sites say the refurbished are up to
    >> standards and like new. Truthfully what is the difference?

    > It depends on the amount of savings and warranty involved. If you get a
    > shortened warranty to save only a few bucks it might not be worth it. As
    > for the quality and reliability of refurbished cameras, it can be a
    > crapshoot, but most refurbs are great. You will have to weigh the
    > advantages and disadvantages for yourself on this one.

    Many refurbs just mean that the box has been opened and the contents looked
    at.
    Pete D, May 1, 2006
  4. corey s.

    george Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    >> corey s. wrote:
    >>> After doing much research I have decided to go with the Nikon D50
    >>> (combination of having a couple nikon lenses and price). Should I buy
    >>> a refurbished or a new camera? Sites say the refurbished are up to
    >>> standards and like new. Truthfully what is the difference?

    >> It depends on the amount of savings and warranty involved. If you get a
    >> shortened warranty to save only a few bucks it might not be worth it. As
    >> for the quality and reliability of refurbished cameras, it can be a
    >> crapshoot, but most refurbs are great. You will have to weigh the
    >> advantages and disadvantages for yourself on this one.
    >>

    > Many refurbs just mean that the box has been opened and the contents
    > looked at.

    Nikon USA refurbs (that is, refurbs SHIPPED to dealer from Nikon USA) are
    actually retested, any repairs needed made, original accessories verified in
    package, and warranteed for 1 year.
    george, May 1, 2006
  5. corey s.

    Chris Dubea Guest

    On Mon, 1 May 2006 06:35:55 -0400, "george" <>
    wrote:

    >Nikon USA refurbs (that is, refurbs SHIPPED to dealer from Nikon USA) are
    >actually retested, any repairs needed made, original accessories verified in
    >package, and warranteed for 1 year.

    I believe the standard Nikon refurb warranty is 90 days.
    Chris
    Chris Dubea, May 8, 2006