Should I buy HP Photosmart? Or HP OfficeJet?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by me@privacy.net, Jan 14, 2010.

  1. Guest

    I'm a college student. Don't do a ton of printing but
    do maybe say 10 pages a week.

    I'm trying to decide between the HP Officejet and
    Photosmart lines and which best fits my needs. I also
    want an all in one machine to save space.

    I don't need "photo" printing that Photosmart affords
    as am NOT a photog buff. However, I'm wondering if the
    Photosmart line has an edge on printouts of documents
    that contain charts, diagrams,etc in color? Or will
    the Officejet line do fine in that respect?

    I also notice the Photosmart line has higher resolution
    scanners than the Officejet line and am wondering if
    the Officejets will do fine for most scanning of
    pictures, charts, etc?

    These two factors above will help me decide between the
    tow lines if anyone has advice. Thanks!!
    , Jan 14, 2010

  2. Jenn Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:18:07 -0600, me wrote:

    > I'm a college student. Don't do a ton of printing but
    > do maybe say 10 pages a week.
    >
    > I'm trying to decide between the HP Officejet and
    > Photosmart lines and which best fits my needs. I also
    > want an all in one machine to save space.
    >
    > I don't need "photo" printing that Photosmart affords
    > as am NOT a photog buff. However, I'm wondering if the
    > Photosmart line has an edge on printouts of documents
    > that contain charts, diagrams,etc in color? Or will
    > the Officejet line do fine in that respect?
    >
    > I also notice the Photosmart line has higher resolution
    > scanners than the Officejet line and am wondering if
    > the Officejets will do fine for most scanning of
    > pictures, charts, etc?
    >
    > These two factors above will help me decide between the
    > tow lines if anyone has advice. Thanks!!

    I bought an HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One Printer-Scanner-Copier ...
    It'll do just about anything I want it to do, and I love the copier aspect
    of it. Very easy to use, too. Colors are good, imo, and I like the idea
    that it uses separate individual color cartriges.

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/
    Jenn, Jan 14, 2010

  3. Tony Guest

    HP is short for "horse piss". Now if you want a horse to piss on you go
    right ahead and buy one of those throwaway HP products.

    wrote:

    > I'm a college student. Don't do a ton of printing but
    > do maybe say 10 pages a week.
    >
    > I'm trying to decide between the HP Officejet and
    > Photosmart lines and which best fits my needs. I also
    > want an all in one machine to save space.
    >
    > I don't need "photo" printing that Photosmart affords
    > as am NOT a photog buff. However, I'm wondering if the
    > Photosmart line has an edge on printouts of documents
    > that contain charts, diagrams,etc in color? Or will
    > the Officejet line do fine in that respect?
    >
    > I also notice the Photosmart line has higher resolution
    > scanners than the Officejet line and am wondering if
    > the Officejets will do fine for most scanning of
    > pictures, charts, etc?
    >
    > These two factors above will help me decide between the
    > tow lines if anyone has advice. Thanks!!

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jan 14, 2010
  4. Guest

    Alec Lourmier <> wrote:

    >Most photo printers have the option of pigment black ink, which is an
    >advantage even if you don't print photos. Blacks will be blacker, and
    >your printouts more water-resistant. It might make text reports pop
    >off the page a bit more when printed on ultra-bright, high quality
    >paper, but don't use cheap or recycled paper with pigment ink or it
    >will bleed and look... erm, "hairy". You might also find the
    >Photosmart is cheaper than the Officejet.

    OK thanks Alec...

    Yes that pigment black may be an advantage with papers
    and reports that contain a lot of graphics such charts,
    pictures, etc. huh?
    , Jan 14, 2010
  5. Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote:

    >Try Consumer Reports, much?

    yeah have a subscription

    why?
    , Jan 14, 2010
  6. Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote:

    >*maybe*....they have an article on *printers*?
    >Hmmmm?

    hmmmmm..... ya think?

    maybe I have read it? hmmmm?
    , Jan 15, 2010
  7. Guest

    "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote:

    >> hmmmmm..... ya think?
    >>
    >> maybe I have read it? hmmmm?
    >>

    ><Bugs Bunny voice mode>
    >
    >Ehhhhhhh...could be, doc!

    I did read it.... but it didn't answer the questions I
    had..... hence post here
    , Jan 15, 2010