    Also, any opinions on the i1900 and 1280 (comparison) would be
    appreciated. I've read posts that say Epsons are prone to clogging,
    but don't know what others think about that.
    jeff liss, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Buy one when you need one. It is hard to say what will happen in the
    market next week let along half a year from now.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Aug 3, 2003

  3. jeff liss

    Bob O`Bob Guest

    Gary Eickmeier wrote:

    > I haven't heard of a Canon i1900 - is that new? What size does it print? How
    > many colors? Do you have a link on that?

    That's funny, because when I read his post, I'm just so used to seeing
    "i9100"
    that my mind corrected the typo without my even being aware of it.

    Bob
    Bob O`Bob, Aug 3, 2003
  4. On 2 Aug 2003 17:19:21 -0700, (jeff liss) wrote:

    > I'm looking to buy a printer, but haven't decided which one yet. I'm
    > considering the Canon i1900, Epson 1280, or possibly the Epson 2200,
    > though it's a little pricey for me right now. I'm wondering if waiting
    > a few months for a "better" printer is worth it or should I just jump
    > in now. I've read that some new printers will be out near Christmas,
    > and if that's true, maybe waiting isn't so bad.
    > Also, any opinions on the i1900 and 1280 (comparison) would be
    > appreciated. I've read posts that say Epsons are prone to clogging,
    > but don't know what others think about that.

    Buy now and enjoy.

    Who gives a shit if the prices drop or the quality improves?

    We are on this planet for a short time, enjoy it while you are here.
    A bit more than, Aug 3, 2003
  5. "jeff liss" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy a printer, but haven't decided which one yet. I'm
    > considering the Canon i1900, Epson 1280, or possibly the Epson 2200,
    > though it's a little pricey for me right now. I'm wondering if waiting
    > a few months for a "better" printer is worth it or should I just jump
    > in now. I've read that some new printers will be out near Christmas,
    > and if that's true, maybe waiting isn't so bad.
    > Also, any opinions on the i1900 and 1280 (comparison) would be
    > appreciated. I've read posts that say Epsons are prone to clogging,
    > but don't know what others think about that.

    New printer models keep coming out, but the rate of technology change has
    been slow of late. I haven't even seen rumors of breakthroughs.

    Clogging of Epsons does seem to be a problem, especially if the printer
    isn't used for several days. HP seems to have solved tta problem.
    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 3, 2003
  6. "Bob O`Bob" <> wrote in message
    > Gary Eickmeier wrote:
    > >
    > > I haven't heard of a Canon i1900 - is that new? What size does it print?

    How
    > > many colors? Do you have a link on that?

    > That's funny, because when I read his post, I'm just so used to seeing
    > "i9100"
    > that my mind corrected the typo without my even being aware of it.

    OK, got it. I knew about the 9000, but I had forgot the i9100 - which is the
    equivalent of the i950, right?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 3, 2003
  7. jeff liss

    Jon Noble Guest

    The wide-carriage equivalent of the i950, right.
    -Jon

    Jon Noble, Aug 4, 2003
  8. The i9100 is not equivalent to the i950, in that the i950 dispenses 2
    picoliter ink drops while the i9100 dispenses 4 picoliter ink drops.

    I've read that this can make a difference in the gradation of the
    colors.

    I was just about to purchase the i9100 when I learned about this. Now
    I'm not so sure... because my guess is that the eventual i9200 (or the
    i9300) will have 2 picoliter ink drops... and my "old" HP 970Cse isn't
    that bad meanwhile...

    Pierre

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:57:42 GMT, "Gary Eickmeier"

    >OK, got it. I knew about the 9000, but I had forgot the i9100 - which is the
    >equivalent of the i950, right?
    >
    >Gary Eickmeier

    Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my email address in the "Email To" window of your program
    if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.
    Pierre Bellavance, Aug 5, 2003
  9. jeff liss

    Bob O`Bob Guest

    Gary Eickmeier wrote:

    > OK, got it. I knew about the 9000, but I had forgot the i9100 - which is the
    > equivalent of the i950, right?

    It is improved from the S9000, but that's about all one can conclude.

    It's a reasonable assumption that if Canon made a wide carriage equivalent
    of the i950, they would name it "i9500" The i9100 is pretty clearly
    somewhere in between.

    Bob
    Bob O`Bob, Aug 5, 2003