    all, just want to make the most of it.

    Thanks
    -alan
    Alan, Feb 25, 2006

  2. Alan

    Jerry G. Guest

    If you use the generic drivers that are with Windows, the monitor will
    work properly. You just have to make sure you set the resolution
    properly. If you lock yourself out, you can restart the computer in the
    safe mode to fix it.

    Monitors are very basic, and standard for how they are to be driven.

    --

    Jerry G.

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    I upgraded from a NEC 17" tube monitor to an AOpen 19" LCD Digital LCD
    (DVI) but I cannot find any drivers for the AOpen like I could for the
    NEC. Am I missing anything by just having it as "Plug & Play Monitor"?
    On my NVidia controls, it does recognize the monitor. Looks great and

    Jerry G., Feb 25, 2006

  3. Alan

    bigjon Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:17:22 -0500, Alan wrote:

    > I upgraded from a NEC 17" tube monitor to an AOpen 19" LCD Digital LCD
    > (DVI) but I cannot find any drivers for the AOpen like I could for the
    > NEC. Am I missing anything by just having it as "Plug & Play Monitor"?
    > On my NVidia controls, it does recognize the monitor. Looks great and
    > all, just want to make the most of it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > -alan

    Windows doesn't need a specific driver, but you can use the F-419 from
    here:
    http://www.neovo-usa.com/support/download.htm

    but beware - on mine it refused to allow me anything other than 60hz - the
    XP generic is FAR better!!

    --
    (\__/)
    bigjon, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Alan

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:17:22 -0500 There are so many copies and so few
    originals Alan <> sent this :

    >I upgraded from a NEC 17" tube monitor to an AOpen 19" LCD Digital LCD
    >(DVI) but I cannot find any drivers for the AOpen like I could for the
    >NEC. Am I missing anything by just having it as "Plug & Play Monitor"?
    > On my NVidia controls, it does recognize the monitor. Looks great and
    >all, just want to make the most of it.
    >
    >Thanks
    >-alan

    If it's working,don't be concerned.

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Feb 26, 2006
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    bigjon wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:17:22 -0500, Alan wrote:
    >

    >>I upgraded from a NEC 17" tube monitor to an AOpen 19" LCD Digital LCD
    >>(DVI) but I cannot find any drivers for the AOpen like I could for the
    >>NEC. Am I missing anything by just having it as "Plug & Play Monitor"?
    >> On my NVidia controls, it does recognize the monitor. Looks great and
    >>all, just want to make the most of it.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>-alan

    > Windows doesn't need a specific driver, but you can use the F-419 from
    > here:
    > http://www.neovo-usa.com/support/download.htm
    >
    > but beware - on mine it refused to allow me anything other than 60hz - the
    > XP generic is FAR better!!

    Interesting enough, my generic only shows 60Mhz - and yes Shep - it
    works. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing out of anything.
    Definately a change going from 17" tub to 19 LCD :D
    Alan, Feb 26, 2006
  6. Alan

    Senti Guest

    mdp wrote:
    > Senti wrote:
    >
    >>mdp wrote:

    >>>Snipped from here: http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Monitor.htm
    >>>
    >>>With LCD monitors, the pixels don't have the pulsing or 'decaying'
    >>>nature of the phosphors of the pixels of a CRT monitor that are
    >>>responsible for its flickering. Thus LCD monitors can operate at
    >>>lower comparative refresh rates than CRT monitors without showing
    >>>any flickering

    >>And yet people still get headaches from them. Flickering isn't the
    >>only cause of headaches from monitors. See my response to K-Man for
    >>some links, if you like.
    >>

    > Interesting links. Wasn't aware of most of it. Thanks.

    No problem. :)
    Senti, Feb 26, 2006
  7. Alan

    Plato Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > I upgraded from a NEC 17" tube monitor to an AOpen 19" LCD Digital LCD
    > (DVI) but I cannot find any drivers for the AOpen like I could for the
    > NEC. Am I missing anything by just having it as "Plug & Play Monitor"?
    > On my NVidia controls, it does recognize the monitor. Looks great and
    > all, just want to make the most of it.

    Dont fix what aint broke.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/