  1. Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade (since
    about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

    <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/hedge-fund-manager-wants-microsofts-ballmer-to-go-why-it-wont-happen/49424>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 27, 2011

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Boots Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2011 16:14:25 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
    > (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?
    >
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/hedge-fund-manager-wants-microsofts-

    ballmer-to-go-why-it-wont-happen/49424>

    I don't think it matters who is CEO of Microsoft so long as they continue
    to fail to produce new innovative products.

    The last true innovation that Microsoft did was MS Word on the Mac - back
    in the '80s. Since then they've only copied other people's ideas. Now
    those ideas are commonplace.

    Boots, May 27, 2011

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    the intarwebs:
    > Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade (since
    > about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

    Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
    employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?
    Squiggle, May 27, 2011
  4. In message <irndhf$2fc$>, Squiggle wrote:

    > On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    > the intarwebs:
    >
    >> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
    >> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

    > Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
    > employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

    You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?

    Yes.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 27, 2011
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    On 27/05/2011 11:08 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    the intarwebs:
    > In message <irndhf$2fc$>, Squiggle wrote:
    >
    >> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    >> the intarwebs:
    >>
    >>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
    >>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

    >> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
    >> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

    > You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?
    >
    > Yes.

    But you are also wielding zero authority, and demand a similar amount of
    respect...
    Squiggle, May 27, 2011
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Boots Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2011 17:41:01 +1200, Squiggle wrote:

    > On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    > the intarwebs:
    >> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
    >> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

    > Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
    > employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

    Everyone who's ever purchased a fully assembled ready-to-go computer in
    the last 20 years is a Microsoft customer.

    Boots, May 27, 2011
  7. In message <iro1pj$d9b$>, Squiggle wrote:

    > On 27/05/2011 11:08 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    > the intarwebs:
    >
    >> In message <irndhf$2fc$>, Squiggle wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    >>> the intarwebs:

    >>> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
    >>> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

    >> You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?
    >>
    >> Yes.

    > But you are also wielding zero authority, and demand a similar amount of
    > respect...

    You asked a question, I gave you the answer. If you weren’t going to pay
    attention to the answer, why did you ask the question?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 27, 2011
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    David Empson Guest

    Boots <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 May 2011 17:41:01 +1200, Squiggle wrote:
    >
    > > On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
    > > the intarwebs:
    > >> Microsoft's share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
    > >> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

    > > Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
    > > employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

    > Everyone who's ever purchased a fully assembled ready-to-go computer in
    > the last 20 years is a Microsoft customer.

    Except anyone who didn't buy a computer with Windows or MS-DOS
    preinstalled. Such as a Macintosh. Or a PC with Linux preinstalled (rare
    but some manufacturers offered this).

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, May 27, 2011
  9. In message <1k1ydva.191zwyzeo2fsqN%>, David Empson
    wrote:

    > Except anyone who didn't buy a computer with Windows or MS-DOS
    > preinstalled. Such as a Macintosh. Or a PC with Linux preinstalled (rare
    > but some manufacturers offered this).

    Of the four non-Apple PCs I have bought, one had Xandros preinstalled,
    another came with a couple of Mandrake 9.2 CDs in the box (that was a while
    ago), and the other two came with no OS at all.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 27, 2011
  10. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Boots Guest

    On Sat, 28 May 2011 10:55:27 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Of the four non-Apple PCs I have bought, one had Xandros preinstalled,
    > another came with a couple of Mandrake 9.2 CDs in the box (that was a
    > while ago), and the other two came with no OS at all.

    And where did you purchase them from? Noel Leemings?

    How representative of the general population would you suggest your
    pattern of purchases is?

    Boots, May 28, 2011