    deleting them and dragging a new icon onto the desktop but the same
    happens.....What am I doing wrong.They used to work ok as far as I know I
    aint changed anything...Fanks Roy

    Roy Metcalfe, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Roy Metcalfe

    °Mike° Guest

    Right click on the shortcuts and in 'Properties', change the
    path manually.

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:53:48 +0100, in
    <RY4Xa.11583$>
    Roy Metcalfe scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Roy Metcalfe

    Roy Metcalfe Guest

    I know im being thick but how do I manually change the path(what do I
    type???)

    Roy Metcalfe, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Roy Metcalfe

    °Mike° Guest

    If your DVD/Writer is drive D, you would type D:\ into the
    'Target' box, likewise, E:\ F:\ G:\ H:\ I:\ etc.

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:39:24 +0100, in
    <oNbXa.333$>
    Roy Metcalfe scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Roy Metcalfe

    Roy Metcalfe Guest

    Hi Mike,Yes it works fine from windows explorer and from the MY COMPUTER
    folder it is only when I try to put a shortcut on the desktop I get a
    problem,any ideas??
    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Can you explore the D: drive if you open Windows Explorer?
    >

    > On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:51:23 +0100, in
    > <oBeXa.1972$>
    > Roy Metcalfe scrawled:
    >
    > >Hi Mike,you will be getting fed up with me,I tried what you advised but

    the
    > >same is happening this is the exact message I get..."Problem with
    > >shortcut"The item D:\ that this shortcut refers to has been changed or
    > >moved,so this shortcut will no longer work properly,The nearest match

    based

    Roy Metcalfe, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Roy Metcalfe

    Roy Metcalfe Guest

    Hi Mike I notice this is a registry fix is there anything I should do before
    adding it to the registry,thanx for your patience,Roy

    Roy Metcalfe, Aug 3, 2003
  7. Roy Metcalfe

    °Mike° Guest

    So long as you have a current restore point you will be ok.
    Besides, Doug Knox's fixes are usually spot on, and shouldn't
    cause any harm.

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:46:13 +0100, in
    <MofXa.989$>
    Roy Metcalfe scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 3, 2003
  8. Roy Metcalfe

    Roy Metcalfe Guest

    Hi Mike tried Doug Knox's fix but the same message is coming up,thanx,roy

    Roy Metcalfe, Aug 4, 2003
  9. Roy Metcalfe

    °Mike° Guest

    If the reg fix doesn't work, I can only suggest a system restore.

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 07:19:46 +0100, in
    <dWmXa.9897$>
    Roy Metcalfe scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 4, 2003
  10. Roy Metcalfe

    Roy Metcalfe Guest

    Hi Mike,That was one of the first things I tried,I will just have to without
    my shortcuts.Baffling though aint it,Thanks for all your help and patience
    though.

    Roy Metcalfe, Aug 4, 2003
  11. Roy Metcalfe

    °Mike° Guest

    It could very well be one of those stupid "features" of XP.
    Unfortunately, I'm not up to speed on XP. sorry. :(

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:44:44 +0100, in
    <wYwXa.288$>
    Roy Metcalfe scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 4, 2003