    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Jun 29, 2006

  2. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    ellis_jay wrote:
    > My Google desktop shortcut failed -some other shortcuts failed the
    > next day. It happened again today. I clicked on Internet explorer
    > shortcut and it worked, then filling the address bar with the short
    > cut addresses (www's) I could connect to Google and to the other
    > websites. Any one ever have this happen? Maybe deleting the
    > shortcut and sending a new one to the desktop may fix the problem?
    > But what is the problem that could cause this? Pre-senile dementia of
    > my cyborg?
    >
    > tia

    For the heck of it I uninstalled netveda.net firewall and re-installed Zone
    Alarm. Now I am fit as a fiddle. I don't know why netveda firewall was
    messing with opening web shortcut links (as in no action at all)-may be that
    I did not know just how the firewall should have been configured....---back
    to good old ZA.

    ellis_jay, Jun 30, 2006