    I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
    shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
    Administrator. Thanks

    Bosco836, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Bosco836

    Clued Weasel Guest

    Create a shortcut and point it at cmd.exe.

    Clued Weasel, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Bosco836

    Kenny Guest

    Not a Desktop shortcut but WINKEY+R is a quick way of getting to it.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Bosco836

    Clued Weasel Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:06:22 -0700, Clued Weasel
    <> wrote:

    >On 27 Sep 2005 15:34:30 -0700, "Bosco836" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
    >>shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
    >>Administrator. Thanks

    >Create a shortcut and point it at cmd.exe.

    Ignore me. Next time I'll try reading the question!

    Clued Weasel, Sep 28, 2005
  5. Bosco836

    old jon Guest

    "Clued Weasel" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:06:22 -0700, Clued Weasel
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 27 Sep 2005 15:34:30 -0700, "Bosco836" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
    >>>shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
    >>>Administrator. Thanks

    >>Create a shortcut and point it at cmd.exe.

    Press the Winkey + R on your keyboard.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Sep 28, 2005
  6. Bosco836

    Super1776

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Looking for more detail.

    I am also looking for information about creating a shortcut to "Run" in Windows XP. From the material I have read online the only available solutions are to (A) Copy the shortcut out of the start menu or (B) Forget a shortcut and just use Winkey + R. I would like to find out, if possible, how to create a shortcut to RUN manually; entering an actual string of information in to the "Target" textbox of a shortcut.

    Super1776, Sep 11, 2007
  7. Bosco836

    gcr16

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Shortcut to 'Run'

    Hey Folks!

    Just found this procedure on the web - hope it helps!

    1. Create a text file named Run.js, which contains the following line:

    (new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).FileRun();

    2. Right-click Run.js and select "Create shortcut"
    3. Right-click the created shortcut and select "Properties"
    4. Add "WScript.exe " (Without quotes) to the beginning of "Target:"
    5. If wanting to change the icon of the shortcut press "Change Icon" else press "Ok"

    Cheers

    Gyanesh

    gcr16, Oct 14, 2007
  8. Bosco836

    whiteWidow

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    You can simply drag and drop the Run icon from the start menu to wherever you want your shortcut to be created...

    whiteWidow, Oct 17, 2007
  9. Bosco836

    xerogod

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    If your using xp and you have the start menu set to classic you need to change it, you cant drag and drop the run in classic mode.

    xerogod, Jan 20, 2012