    Danny Guest

    I used to have this shortcut on my taskbar, but it's disappeared. Anyone
    know how I can get it back? Thanks.

    Danny, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Danny

    John Holmes Guest

    John Holmes, Dec 2, 2006

  3. "Danny" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I used to have this shortcut on my taskbar, but it's disappeared. Anyone
    > know how I can get it back? Thanks.

    Need to know your OS.

    "Well, art is art, isn't it?
    Still, on the other hand, water is water!
    And East-is-East and West-is-West...
    And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce,
    they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does!
    Now, uhhh... Now *you* tell *me* what *you* know."
    -- Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers (1930)

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
  4. Danny wrote:

    > I used to have this shortcut on my taskbar, but it's disappeared.
    > Anyone know how I can get it back? Thanks.

    See the little vertical bar next to the Quickstart icons at the left?
    Place the mouse there (changes to two-headed arrow) and click'n'drag it
    open some more.

    --
    -bts
    -This message has been tested for polonium-210 and found to be safe

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 2, 2006
  5. Danny

    Danny Guest

    John, you're a star!!! Used method 1 and got it first time. Thanks a lot for
    your time.

    Danny, Dec 2, 2006
  6. Danny

    Mr. Arnold6 Guest

    Danny wrote:
    > I used to have this shortcut on my taskbar, but it's disappeared. Anyone
    > know how I can get it back? Thanks.

    If it's XP, then use Windows/D-key combination. The key combination
    will pop the Desktop. Actually, I just went to another XP machine and
    got the Desktop short-cut, that was lost on this machine, dropped it on
    the desktop, and dragged it to the task bar area for Start icons.

    Mr. Arnold6, Dec 2, 2006
  7. Nobby Nichols, Dec 2, 2006
  8. What a jerk-off shitwit! Google it up your own stupid self.

    "How do you launch IE?" "You double-click the icon." "Oh, my hero, you're
    such a clever genius!!! kissee kissee."

    More melodramas to come from the AIDS-dead porn-star? Surely.

    Lincoln MacNichols, Dec 2, 2006
  9. Danny

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 19:26:14 -0000, Danny wrote:

    >I used to have this shortcut on my taskbar, but it's disappeared. Anyone
    >know how I can get it back? Thanks.

    So what do you mean on which OS?

    XP?

    The rectangular blue/white icon called Show Desktop, on Quick Launch.

    Right click on Quick Launch / Task Bar - Show the Desktop

    It lives
    <drive>:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop

    Or even easier www.google.com
    Show Desktop Windows Explorer Command

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 1,390,000 for Show Desktop Windows
    Explorer Command. (0.14 seconds)
    How to re-create the Show Desktop icon on the Quick Launch toolbar
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3 [Taskbar] Command=ToggleDesktop. 3. On the File
    menu, click Save As, and then save the file to your desktop as Show
    Desktop.scf. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355 - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Dec 2, 2006
  10. why? writes:

    > On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 19:26:14 -0000, Danny wrote:
    >
    >>I used to have this shortcut on my taskbar, but it's disappeared. Anyone
    >>know how I can get it back? Thanks.
    >>

    > So what do you mean on which OS?

    Earlier I had asked the OP which OS so they could possibly figure out what
    caused it to disappear in the first place. Seems they got it resolved for
    now with a web link by Google-ling-a-ling-ing "missing show desktop icon".

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
  11. Danny

    why? Guest

    On 02 Dec 2006 21:38:01 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    >why? writes:
    >

    >> On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 19:26:14 -0000, Danny wrote:
    >>
    >>>I used to have this shortcut on my taskbar, but it's disappeared. Anyone
    >>>know how I can get it back? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> So what do you mean on which OS?

    >Earlier I had asked the OP which OS so they could possibly figure out what
    >caused it to disappear in the first place. Seems they got it resolved for
    >now with a web link by Google-ling-a-ling-ing "missing show desktop icon".

    It all depends on refreshing posts and what order they come in. It
    wasn't the OP Google-ing unless there is a missing post, JH posted the
    link.

    Me

    why?, Dec 3, 2006
  12. why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in

    > On 02 Dec 2006 21:38:01 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >>why? writes:

    >>> So what do you mean on which OS?

    >>Earlier I had asked the OP which OS so they could possibly figure out
    >>what caused it to disappear in the first place. Seems they got it
    >>resolved for now with a web link by Google-ling-a-ling-ing "missing show
    >>desktop icon".

    > It all depends on refreshing posts and what order they come in. It
    > wasn't the OP Google-ing unless there is a missing post, JH posted the
    > link.
    >
    > Me

    I don't understand what you're trying to say. You asked:

    >>> So what do you mean on which OS?

    I said I think the bigger problem may be why, how, and/or when the scf file
    went AWOL, and for that you need to know OS...

    And it's all moot because it's resolved, right? It's resolved by some web-
    link instructionals, right? Which can be Googled, right? Except for you
    have a burning desire to make some point which is [__________]?

    "You're a brave man!
    Go and break through the lines.
    And remember, while you're out there risking your life and limb
    through shot and shell,
    we'll be in here thinking what a sucker you are."
    -- Groucho Marx, 'Duck Soup' to Harpo as Pinky (1933)

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 3, 2006