    which when he double-clicks on it will tell him the IP address?
    thanks
    Elijah

    Elijah, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Elijah

    MJC Guest

    get him to double click on the connection icon in the system tray (2
    flashing monitors) and then click support.

    Alternatively you could ask him to send a support request.

    MJC, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Elijah

    Mellowed Guest

    Have him click on this. http://www.whatismyip.com/

    Mellowed, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Elijah

    Suenet Guest

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:51:42 +0000, Elijah wrote:

    > Howdy!
    > My dad is running Windows XP Pro, and every week or so he calls me up
    > with some computer question. If its complicated then I have him fire
    > up PCAnywhere, check his IP address and connect to him. Problem is
    > he's rather computer illiterate and it takes awhile to get him to type
    > "ipconfig" into the dos prompt and for him to find the right number to
    > tell me. So is there a way I can set up a shortcut on his desktop
    > which when he double-clicks on it will tell him the IP address?
    > thanks
    > Elijah

    Drag the "Local Area Network Connection" out of "My Network Places" and
    onto the desktop. From now on Dad can double click it and tab to "Support"

    Suenet, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Howdy!

    "Elijah" <> wrote in message
    > Howdy!
    > My dad is running Windows XP Pro, and every week or so he calls me up
    > with some computer question. If its complicated then I have him fire
    > up PCAnywhere, check his IP address and connect to him. Problem is
    > he's rather computer illiterate and it takes awhile to get him to type
    > "ipconfig" into the dos prompt and for him to find the right number to
    > tell me. So is there a way I can set up a shortcut on his desktop
    > which when he double-clicks on it will tell him the IP address?
    > thanks
    > Elijah

    You can install WNTIPCfg (one place you can download it is at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/wntipcfg-o.asp ,
    TinyUrl of http://tinyurl.com/p66 )

    Put a shortcut of that on the desktop.

    It runs just like the Win9X WINIPCFG.