Shortcut on Taskbar Windows XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cheswick, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Cheswick

    Cheswick Guest

    Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
    We can do that in Windows ME...

    I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...

    chet
    Cheswick, Dec 17, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Cheswick

    me Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick <>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
    >We can do that in Windows ME...
    >
    >I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
    >
    >chet


    Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock the
    taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the taskbar
    when done.
    me, Dec 17, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. 1st create your shortcut on the desktop. right click on the task bar,
    uncheck where it says "lock the taskbar", move the slider over, then drag
    your shortcut from your desktop over to the taskbar, then delete the desktop
    shortcut
    "Cheswick" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9453D8E8EF8F1DammSpamcforceatlant@207.106.93.150...
    > Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
    > We can do that in Windows ME...
    >
    > I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
    >
    > chet
    robert andrews, Dec 17, 2003
    #3
  4. Cheswick

    Senti Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
    > >We can do that in Windows ME...
    > >
    > >I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
    > >
    > >chet

    >
    > Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock

    the
    > taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the taskbar
    > when done.


    Maybe it's just me, but I don't have to unlock the taskbar to drag a
    shortcut to it... I just drag and drop while the taskbar is locked...
    Senti, Dec 17, 2003
    #4
  5. Cheswick

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:12:28 -0600, "Senti" <>
    wrote:

    >"me" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
    >> >We can do that in Windows ME...
    >> >
    >> >I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
    >> >
    >> >chet

    >>
    >> Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock

    >the
    >> taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the taskbar
    >> when done.

    >
    >Maybe it's just me, but I don't have to unlock the taskbar to drag a
    >shortcut to it... I just drag and drop while the taskbar is locked...
    >

    True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too far to
    the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the spin box to show
    the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past the last icon, and lock
    it again.
    Unk, Dec 17, 2003
    #5
  6. Cheswick

    Senti Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:12:28 -0600, "Senti" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"me" <> wrote in message
    > >news:...
    > >> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick

    <>
    > >> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
    > >> >We can do that in Windows ME...
    > >> >
    > >> >I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
    > >> >
    > >> >chet
    > >>
    > >> Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock

    > >the
    > >> taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the

    taskbar
    > >> when done.

    > >
    > >Maybe it's just me, but I don't have to unlock the taskbar to drag a
    > >shortcut to it... I just drag and drop while the taskbar is locked...
    > >

    > True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too far to
    > the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the spin box to

    show
    > the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past the last icon, and

    lock
    > it again.


    That's right. Sorry, my bad... I keep forgetting the quicklaunch bar isn't
    shown by default. It's always one of the first things I do after an install
    :)
    Senti, Dec 17, 2003
    #6
  7. Cheswick

    trout Guest

    Unk wrote:
    <snip>

    > True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too
    > far to the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the
    > spin box to show the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past
    > the last icon, and lock it again.


    Hey; long time no see....
    --
    "Comcast? Did you move?"
    trout, Dec 17, 2003
    #7
  8. Cheswick

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:57:44 -0800, "trout" <> wrote:

    >Unk wrote:
    ><snip>
    >
    >> True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too
    >> far to the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the
    >> spin box to show the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past
    >> the last icon, and lock it again.

    >
    > Hey; long time no see....

    I had a nasty encounter with a heart attack.

    >"Comcast? Did you move?"


    Yes. Verizon DSL isn't available here and Comcast isn't all that reliable
    either. :(( If you ever saw what I have to do to get it to work, you''d
    have a good laugh.

    Thanks for the "hello".
    Unk, Dec 17, 2003
    #8
  9. OMG!!! Glad to see you survived! I hope you are watching your fat
    intake and keeping a check on your blood pressure.

    Unk <> chiseled in stone, the following words
    news::

    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:57:44 -0800, "trout" <> wrote:


    >>Unk wrote:
    >><snip>
    >>> True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too
    >>> far to the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the
    >>> spin box to show the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past
    >>> the last icon, and lock it again.


    >> Hey; long time no see....


    > I had a nasty encounter with a heart attack.


    >>"Comcast? Did you move?"


    > Yes. Verizon DSL isn't available here and Comcast isn't all that reliable
    > either. :(( If you ever saw what I have to do to get it to work, you''d
    > have a good laugh.
    >
    > Thanks for the "hello".


    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    "This (TINT) is whatever I want it to be you bigfooted
    belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina."~Zigi~
    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 17, 2003
    #9
  10. Cheswick

    Unk Guest

    Yes, thanks.

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:18:30 -0600, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:

    >OMG!!! Glad to see you survived! I hope you are watching your fat
    >intake and keeping a check on your blood pressure.
    >
    >Unk <> chiseled in stone, the following words
    >news::
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:57:44 -0800, "trout" <> wrote:

    >
    >>>Unk wrote:
    >>><snip>
    >>>> True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too
    >>>> far to the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the
    >>>> spin box to show the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past
    >>>> the last icon, and lock it again.

    >
    >>> Hey; long time no see....

    >
    >> I had a nasty encounter with a heart attack.

    >
    >>>"Comcast? Did you move?"

    >
    >> Yes. Verizon DSL isn't available here and Comcast isn't all that reliable
    >> either. :(( If you ever saw what I have to do to get it to work, you''d
    >> have a good laugh.
    >>
    >> Thanks for the "hello".
    Unk, Dec 17, 2003
    #10
  11. You're welcome....;o)

    Unk <> chiseled in stone, the following words
    news::

    > Yes, thanks.


    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:18:30 -0600, "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote:
    >>OMG!!! Glad to see you survived! I hope you are watching your fat
    >>intake and keeping a check on your blood pressure.


    <schnippen>

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    "This (TINT) is whatever I want it to be you bigfooted
    belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina."~Zigi~
    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 17, 2003
    #11
  12. Cheswick

    Boomer Guest

    Unk <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:57:44 -0800, "trout" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Unk wrote:
    >><snip>
    >>
    >>> True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is
    >>> too far to the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to
    >>> click the spin box to show the link. Unlock the taskbar, move
    >>> the slider past the last icon, and lock it again.

    >>
    >> Hey; long time no see....

    > I had a nasty encounter with a heart attack.



    So glad to see you back. I hope you're feeling 200% better!!! :)

    >>"Comcast? Did you move?"

    >
    > Yes. Verizon DSL isn't available here and Comcast isn't all that
    > reliable either. :(( If you ever saw what I have to do to get it
    > to work, you''d have a good laugh.
    >
    > Thanks for the "hello".
    >




    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun
    Boomer, Dec 18, 2003
    #12
  13. Cheswick

    Unk Guest

    Thanks Boomer.

    On 18 Dec 2003 03:00:46 GMT, Boomer <> wrote:
    >So glad to see you back. I hope you're feeling 200% better!!! :)
    Unk, Dec 18, 2003
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Galadriel

    Windows 98 shortcut problem

    Galadriel, Dec 16, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    842
    Harrison
    Dec 16, 2003
  2. Robert11

    Shortcut, And Re-Directing Of Shortcut Quest. ?

    Robert11, Dec 30, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    653
    Dan DiNicolo
    Dec 30, 2004
  3. Charlie Evans
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,003
    Charlie Evans
    May 31, 2005
  4. Skybuck Flying
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,248
    Skybuck Flying
    Aug 27, 2007
  5. David D.

    Why shortcut keys freeze my Windows XP taskbar ?

    David D., Feb 1, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    3,587
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty
    Feb 4, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page