    hard drive and put the autorun batch file in the run box from the start menu
    and this works.
    How do I make a shortcut and put a icon shortcut on desktop?

    Ted Thompson, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Ted Thompson

    Guest

    On "Ted Thompson" <> wrote:

    |>I have a cd dbf that will only load on autorun when you put it in the drive
    |>I loaded the whole cd to
    |>hard drive and put the autorun batch file in the run box from the start menu
    |>and this works.
    |> How do I make a shortcut and put a icon shortcut on desktop?

    Read autorun.inf in a text editor (notepad) and see what it loads,
    short-cut to it.

    --
    http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/27may_approachingmars.htm

    , Jun 3, 2005

  3. Ted Thompson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On "Ted Thompson" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>I have a cd dbf that will only load on autorun when you put it in the
    > drive
    > |>I loaded the whole cd to
    > |>hard drive and put the autorun batch file in the run box from the start
    > menu
    > |>and this works.
    > |> How do I make a shortcut and put a icon shortcut on desktop?
    > |>

    > Read autorun.inf in a text editor (notepad) and see what it loads,
    > short-cut to it.

    That should work, but I've seen CDs that won't work like that. Someone a few
    months back posted some information on doing that with games that require
    the CD - something about a "Virtual CD" program. If the OP can't make it
    work by locating the executable file the autorun.inf points to, then someone
    can refresh my memory about the Virtual CD option.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Ted Thompson

    Guest

    On "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:

    |><> wrote in message

    |>> drive
    |>> menu
    |>> |>

    |>> Read autorun.inf in a text editor (notepad) and see what it loads,
    |>> short-cut to it.

    |>That should work, but I've seen CDs that won't work like that. Someone a few
    |>months back posted some information on doing that with games that require
    |>the CD - something about a "Virtual CD" program. If the OP can't make it
    |>work by locating the executable file the autorun.inf points to, then someone
    |>can refresh my memory about the Virtual CD option.

    That would be the copy protection your trying to beat then.

    Other than the virtual CD approach, googling: NO CD <game name> also
    works.

    --
    http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/27may_approachingmars.htm

    , Jun 3, 2005
  5. Ted Thompson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:
    >

    > |><> wrote in message

    > the
    > start

    > |>That should work, but I've seen CDs that won't work like that. Someone a
    > few
    > |>months back posted some information on doing that with games that
    > require
    > |>the CD - something about a "Virtual CD" program. If the OP can't make it
    > |>work by locating the executable file the autorun.inf points to, then
    > someone
    > |>can refresh my memory about the Virtual CD option.
    >
    > That would be the copy protection your trying to beat then.

    True - I'm sure that may have been the original purpose, but there are
    legitmate uses for that, such as preventing the kids from getting peanut
    butter and jelly all over the CDs <g>! Loading it into the HD and running it
    from there keeps the discs in much nicer condition.

    After all, some of us won't use pirated software ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2005