    Can anyone tell me the Microsoft command to enter a line of dashes the
    full width of a page?

    Regards

    newman, Nov 20, 2005

  2. newman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    newman spewed forth:
    > Can anyone tell me the Microsoft command to enter a line of dashes the
    > full width of a page?
    >
    > Regards

    Where? Are you talking about something in Excel similar to that function in
    Lotus 123? Or are you talking about in an email? or what?

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2005

  3. newman

    Rich Wilson Guest

    Not unless you convince me that what you *really* want is actually a line of
    dashes.

    If you just want a horizontal line and you're using Word, try inserting a
    blank line and giving it a border on the top or bottom edge. If you're using
    Outlook Express, use Insert->Horizontal Line.

    Rich Wilson, Nov 21, 2005
  4. newman

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, newman
    <> wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me the Microsoft command to enter a line of dashes the
    > full width of a page?

    Not Microsoft, but the specific program.
    If you mean in MS Word, for instance, then you can Insert a line or
    make a drawing object of a line.

    Mitch, Nov 21, 2005
  5. newman

    Book End Guest

    "newman" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me the Microsoft command to enter a line of dashes the
    > full width of a page?
    >
    > Regards

    Create your own macro.

    Book End, Nov 21, 2005
  6. newman

    newman Guest

    newman wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me the Microsoft command to enter a line of dashes the
    > full width of a page?
    >
    > Regards

    I have found the answer. In Word it is the - key (or *, #, ~, for
    different lines) 3 times and Enter.

    Regards

    newman, Dec 5, 2005