    Why isn't Windows consistent and asking me if I want to run every
    program in my startup folder or in the registry? How do I get rid of
    this message?

    Rob J, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Rob J

    Richard Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > I have a shortcut in my startup folder that runs a program on the server
    > using a UNC path. Whenever I log in, Windows puts up a dialog box saying
    > the publisher can't be verified and asking if I want to run the program.
    >
    > Why isn't Windows consistent and asking me if I want to run every
    > program in my startup folder or in the registry? How do I get rid of
    > this message?

    If you find out a solution, please post it here because it bothers me too. I
    dont like having windows handhold me about running things from other locations.

    Richard, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Rob J

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:06:53 +1300, Rob J
    <> exclaimed:

    >I have a shortcut in my startup folder that runs a program on the server
    >using a UNC path. Whenever I log in, Windows puts up a dialog box saying
    >the publisher can't be verified and asking if I want to run the program.
    >
    >Why isn't Windows consistent and asking me if I want to run every
    >program in my startup folder or in the registry? How do I get rid of
    >this message?

    By memory, it is a setting in the security settings for your intranet.

    You can change it from within IE (I know you're not accessing via IE),
    or from Control Panel --> Security Centre --> Internet Options

    Try either changing your intranet settings, or maybe add the network
    server to your list of trusted sites.

    Fred Dagg, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Richard wrote:

    > Rob J wrote:
    > > I have a shortcut in my startup folder that runs a program on the server
    > > using a UNC path. Whenever I log in, Windows puts up a dialog box saying
    > > the publisher can't be verified and asking if I want to run the program.
    > >
    > > Why isn't Windows consistent and asking me if I want to run every
    > > program in my startup folder or in the registry? How do I get rid of
    > > this message?

    > If you find out a solution, please post it here because it bothers me too. I
    > dont like having windows handhold me about running things from other locations.

    What version of Windows are you running? Windows XP SP2?

    Cheers
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Jan 18, 2006
  5. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Richard wrote:
    >
    > > Rob J wrote:
    > > > I have a shortcut in my startup folder that runs a program on the server
    > > > using a UNC path. Whenever I log in, Windows puts up a dialog box saying
    > > > the publisher can't be verified and asking if I want to run the program.
    > > >
    > > > Why isn't Windows consistent and asking me if I want to run every
    > > > program in my startup folder or in the registry? How do I get rid of
    > > > this message?

    > > If you find out a solution, please post it here because it bothers me too. I
    > > dont like having windows handhold me about running things from other locations.

    > What version of Windows are you running? Windows XP SP2?

    Yup

    I see there are settings for the local intranet zone to include UNC
    paths and I presume the security setting is software channel permissions

    Rob J, Jan 19, 2006
  6. Fred Dagg wrote:

    > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:06:53 +1300, Rob J
    > <> exclaimed:
    >
    > >I have a shortcut in my startup folder that runs a program on the server
    > >using a UNC path. Whenever I log in, Windows puts up a dialog box saying
    > >the publisher can't be verified and asking if I want to run the program.
    > >
    > >Why isn't Windows consistent and asking me if I want to run every
    > >program in my startup folder or in the registry? How do I get rid of
    > >this message?

    > By memory, it is a setting in the security settings for your intranet.
    >
    > You can change it from within IE (I know you're not accessing via IE),
    > or from Control Panel --> Security Centre --> Internet Options
    >
    > Try either changing your intranet settings, or maybe add the network
    > server to your list of trusted sites.

    Yes its the latter

    add the server to your trusted sites list

    Nathan Mercer, Jan 24, 2006