    TIA

    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    zephyr, Oct 3, 2003

  2. zephyr

    Liz Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/

    http://www.snurl.com/

    http://makeashorterlink.com/index.php

    "zephyr" <> wrote

    Liz, Oct 3, 2003

  3. zephyr

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:09:07 +0100, zephyr wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to shorten the long URL for archived posts to
    >Usenet?
    >
    >I want to refer to a post I've searched for, but the url in the
    >address bar is huge. I've seen others use much shorter message
    >references. Any ideas please?

    Search the posts in 24HSHD where short URLs are used daily.
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=24hoursupport.helpdesk>
    if you don't know what to search for try,
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&newwindow=1&q=short+url&btnG=Google+Search&meta=group%3D24hoursupport.helpdesk>

    If that does not work, 3 I know of are
    http://makeashorterlink.com/
    http://tinyurl.com/
    http://www.snurl.com/

    Me

    why?, Oct 3, 2003
  4. zephyr

    zephyr Guest

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:14:14 GMT, "Liz" <> wrote:

    >http://tinyurl.com/
    >
    >http://www.snurl.com/
    >
    >http://makeashorterlink.com/index.php

    Thanks Liz; just what I was looking for! ;o)

    zephyr, Oct 3, 2003
  5. zephyr

    zephyr Guest

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:14:43 GMT, why?

    >On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:09:07 +0100, zephyr wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to shorten the long URL for archived posts to
    >>Usenet?
    >>
    >>I want to refer to a post I've searched for, but the url in the
    >>address bar is huge. I've seen others use much shorter message
    >>references. Any ideas please?

    >Search the posts in 24HSHD where short URLs are used daily.
    ><http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=24hoursupport.helpdesk>
    >if you don't know what to search for try,
    ><http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&newwindow=1&q=short+url&btnG=Google+Search&meta=group%3D24hoursupport.helpdesk>
    >
    >If that does not work, 3 I know of are
    >http://makeashorterlink.com/
    >http://tinyurl.com/