    Is there any ISP out there that would allow me to have a short term ADSL
    contract (about 3 months)?

    Evans

    Evans, Jun 28, 2006

  2. Evans

    juicyjuice Guest

    they all will give you one if you pay like $100 up front plus first months'
    usage lol

    juicyjuice, Jun 28, 2006

  3. Evans

    The Biker Guest

    "juicyjuice" <> wrote in message
    > they all will give you one if you pay like $100 up front plus first
    > months' usage lol
    >
    > "Evans" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there any ISP out there that would allow me to have a short term ADSL
    >> contract (about 3 months)?
    >>
    >> Evans
    >>

    >My contract with TelstraClear is monthly with no prepayment whatsoever

    but I noticed that my first account shows next months phone and internet
    charges, which does mean they are partly prepaid. I think it could depend
    on their credit check being satisfactory as to whether or not prepayment
    prior to installation would be required. If you don't want a one or two
    year
    contract you will need to pay a certain installation fee, depending on
    whether
    or not your building already has TelstraClear/Paradise cabling for phone, tv
    and internet. Ring them on 0508 888 800 and ask them. I'm sure they will
    be most helpful and obliging to you as they were to me.

    The Biker, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Evans

    juicyjuice Guest

    "The Biker" <> wrote in message

    > "juicyjuice" <> wrote in message
    >> they all will give you one if you pay like $100 up front plus first
    >> months' usage lol
    >>
    >> "Evans" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is there any ISP out there that would allow me to have a short term ADSL
    >>> contract (about 3 months)?
    >>>
    >>> Evans
    >>>

    >>My contract with TelstraClear is monthly with no prepayment whatsoever

    > but I noticed that my first account shows next months phone and internet
    > charges, which does mean they are partly prepaid. I think it could depend
    > on their credit check being satisfactory as to whether or not prepayment
    > prior to installation would be required. If you don't want a one or two
    > year
    > contract you will need to pay a certain installation fee, depending on
    > whether
    > or not your building already has TelstraClear/Paradise cabling for phone,
    > tv
    > and internet. Ring them on 0508 888 800 and ask them. I'm sure they will
    > be most helpful and obliging to you as they were to me.

    The OP said ADSL
    which to my knowledge requires you to pay the avg $100 connection fee if you
    do not want a lengthy contract, but if you are cabled for Telstraclear I
    would go with that instead of adsl =)

    juicyjuice, Jun 29, 2006
  5. Evans

    Vista Guest

    "Evans" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any ISP out there that would allow me to have a short term ADSL
    > contract (about 3 months)?
    >
    > Evans

    Slingshot will. You can opt for no contract if you forgo the free modem.
    Also it has a free connection, so you can't go wrong with it.

    Vista, Jun 29, 2006