    short shelf-life, in the eyes of the HR people."

    Would you agree or disagree with these statements?

    http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg

    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Vigo Breadcrumbs

    Brian Guest

    posted:

    >"If an IT person hasn't been able to find work for a year

    or two, they
    >probably won't get hired at all, even if they have 10

    years of experience
    >before being unemployed."
    >
    >and
    >
    >"Companies that are hiring IT workers aren't interested

    in people who have
    >no experience, or who haven't worked in a while. IT

    people have a very
    >short shelf-life, in the eyes of the HR people."
    >
    >Would you agree or disagree with these statements?
    >

    >http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg
    >.

    There may be some merit to that. I'm on my second job
    already and I haven't even graduated from JC yet and not
    quite a year of experience. I only have one cert (A+), but
    my new company was actually looking for someone with no
    experience and there are thousands of qualified,
    unemployed IT people here in Seattle. Go figure.

    Brian, Apr 28, 2004

  3. I would imagine it was because it's easier to train somebody who hasn't been
    trained in another way in the first place.

    Or something.
    "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"

    Sartan Dragonbane, Apr 29, 2004