    the info link Thermaltake have 48cm lengths, but Paradigm say they are
    not available. Short rounded floppy cables are, but who has short
    rounded IDE cables?
    GraB, Sep 2, 2004

  2. GraB wrote:

    > My hard drive is close to the
    > connector so I don't need 60cm length, 35cm would be plenty long
    > enough.

    good, because 65cm is way out of spec... 18 inches(46{ish}cm) is the max
    for the official IDE spec.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 2, 2004

  3. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:55:00 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >GraB wrote:
    >
    >> My hard drive is close to the
    >> connector so I don't need 60cm length, 35cm would be plenty long
    >> enough.

    >good, because 65cm is way out of spec... 18 inches(46{ish}cm) is the max
    >for the official IDE spec.

    All the rounded IDE cables listed at Paradigm are 60cm.
    GraB, Sep 2, 2004
  4. GraB wrote:
    >>>My hard drive is close to the
    >>>connector so I don't need 60cm length, 35cm would be plenty long
    >>>enough.

    >>good, because 65cm is way out of spec... 18 inches(46{ish}cm) is the max
    >>for the official IDE spec.

    > All the rounded IDE cables listed at Paradigm are 60cm.

    they'd probably be fine for CDroms, maybe CDRW or DVDroms.
    but yeah.... anyway, I got my ones from www.pcgear-dunedin.co.nz but
    they also have an auckland shop, www.pcgear.co.nz

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 2, 2004
  5. GraB

    Dodger Guest

    Ascent (www.ascent.co.nz) have a lage number of round IDE cables in stock,
    including 45cm versions.

    Regards,

    Dodger.
    Dodger, Sep 3, 2004
  6. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:36:36 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >>>good, because 65cm is way out of spec... 18 inches(46{ish}cm) is the max
    >>>for the official IDE spec.

    >> All the rounded IDE cables listed at Paradigm are 60cm.

    >they'd probably be fine for CDroms, maybe CDRW or DVDroms.
    >but yeah.... anyway, I got my ones from www.pcgear-dunedin.co.nz but
    >they also have an auckland shop, www.pcgear.co.nz

    PCGear Dunedin didn't have any. I was interested to see a couple of
    low-bulk floppy rounded cables. They said they also come in IDE
    cables.
    GraB, Sep 3, 2004