    My case is Antec Entry Level Server 430W ATX
    My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro (nForce2)

    TIA.

    nmcog, Jan 2, 2004

  2. nmcog

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Buy some powersplitters.

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 2, 2004

  3. In article <Xns946498BD6FE93nmcogmailportlandcou@62.253.162.115>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I already have two 120GB harddrives installed and operating as storage
    > drives but I'm now interested in buying two more.
    >
    > But I have problem, I've already used up all the power connectors from my
    > PSU _AND_ all the 3.5" drive bays.
    >
    > I have two unused ATA133 IDE connectors & two unused 5.25" external drive
    > bays
    >
    > What can I do?

    External USB2 or FireWire drive enclosures:
    http://mcsx.co.uk/shop/prodinfo.php?id=usbhdd35
    http://www.gibtek.co.uk/hardware/hdenclosure.php
    http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/cat231_1.htm

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 2, 2004
  4. nmcog

    philo Guest

    "nmcog" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I already have two 120GB harddrives installed and operating as storage
    > drives but I'm now interested in buying two more.
    >
    > But I have problem, I've already used up all the power connectors from my
    > PSU _AND_ all the 3.5" drive bays.
    >
    > I have two unused ATA133 IDE connectors & two unused 5.25" external drive
    > bays
    >
    > What can I do?
    >
    > My case is Antec Entry Level Server 430W ATX
    > My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro (nForce2)
    >
    > TIA.

    You can just get some "Y" adaptors to allow two connections per lead.
    As long as you don't exceed the overall ratings of your powersupply
    you should be fine

    philo, Jan 2, 2004
  5. nmcog

    nmcog Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in

    > As long as you don't exceed the overall ratings of your powersupply
    > you should be fine

    How do I find out how much of my power supply is being used already?
    Will the TruePower 430W be able to cope with alot?

    The current spec:

    4x case fans
    1x AthlonXP 2600+
    2x 512MB DDR3200
    1x WD Raptor 36GB SATA150
    2x Maxtor 120GB UDMA133
    1x GeForce FX 5600
    1x CD-RW
    1x DVD-ROM

    TIA

    nmcog, Jan 2, 2004
  6. In article <Xns946498BD6FE93nmcogmailportlandcou@62.253.162.115>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I already have two 120GB harddrives installed and operating as storage
    > drives but I'm now interested in buying two more.
    >
    > But I have problem, I've already used up all the power connectors from my
    > PSU _AND_ all the 3.5" drive bays.
    >
    > I have two unused ATA133 IDE connectors & two unused 5.25" external drive
    > bays
    >
    > What can I do?
    >
    > My case is Antec Entry Level Server 430W ATX
    > My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro (nForce2)

    Another thought - don't the drives come with mounting brackets for
    fitting the drive into a 5.25" bay? If they don't, try Maplin or PC
    World's "Component Centre".

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 2, 2004
  7. > But I have problem, I've already used up all the power
    > connectors from my PSU _AND_ all the 3.5" drive bays.
    >
    > I have two unused ATA133 IDE connectors & two
    > unused 5.25" external drive bays
    >
    > What can I do?

    As long as you don't overload your PSU, get a molex Y-cable aka
    power splitter aka drive wye.

    Best quality ones I've seen yet were sourced from PC Power &
    Cooling. I'm sure you can get similar ones in the UK.

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 2, 2004
  8. nmcog

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:00:54 GMT, nmcog wrote:

    x-post trimmed to 24hshd

    >Hi,
    >
    >I already have two 120GB harddrives installed and operating as storage
    >drives but I'm now interested in buying two more.
    >
    >But I have problem, I've already used up all the power connectors from my
    >PSU _AND_ all the 3.5" drive bays.
    >
    >I have two unused ATA133 IDE connectors & two unused 5.25" external drive
    >bays
    >
    >What can I do?

    As mentioned, if PSU can take it, Y power splitter. As maplin also
    mentioned they have a 3 way splitter.

    See my previous post, with links to part codes and pictures of the
    cables.

    From: why?
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: How many hard drives on one PC

    Me

    why?, Jan 2, 2004
  9. nmcog

    nmcog Guest

    nmcog, Jan 2, 2004
  10. nmcog

    ICee Guest

    nmcog wrote:
    > "Michael J. Apollyon" <> wrote in
    > news:dAgJb.10609 $:
    >> As long as you don't overload your PSU, get a molex Y-cable aka
    >> power splitter aka drive wye.

    > So is this what I'm looking for?
    > http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=TV3

    Yes.

    ICee, Jan 2, 2004
  11. nmcog

    dg Guest

    dg, Jan 2, 2004
  12. nmcog

    philo Guest

    "nmcog" <> wrote in message
    > "philo" <> wrote in
    >
    > > As long as you don't exceed the overall ratings of your powersupply
    > > you should be fine

    > How do I find out how much of my power supply is being used already?
    > Will the TruePower 430W be able to cope with alot?

    I doubt that adding a couple of harddrives will overload your 430 watt
    supply...
    I think they only draw about 5 watts each.
    At any rate I've run multiple drives on my own system which only has a 300
    watt supply...and there have been no problems

    philo, Jan 2, 2004
  13. nmcog

    DaveW Guest

    What size of power supply are you using? 400 Watts? If so you can buy
    Y-connectors to attach to your current power connectors and that'll add more
    available connections. If you've got a 250 Watt power supply, DON'T do it.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW, Jan 2, 2004
  14. nmcog

    nmcog Guest

    "DaveW" <> wrote in news:sXmJb.34408$I07.95481@attbi_s53:

    > What size of power supply are you using? 400 Watts?

    Antec TruePower 430W
    From asking in a few irc channels, it should be more than enuf.

    nmcog, Jan 3, 2004
  15. On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:36:45 +0000, nmcog wrote:

    > "DaveW" <> wrote in news:sXmJb.34408$I07.95481@attbi_s53:
    >
    >> What size of power supply are you using? 400 Watts?

    > Antec TruePower 430W
    > From asking in a few irc channels, it should be more than enuf.

    I'm not using my normal news client, and can't find a convenient way to
    pull up OP, but I have a 480, and it has at least a *million* connectors.
    I think someone has way too much money for hardware, there. :)

    --
    Blinky

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 3, 2004
  16. nmcog