    honest, PANTS!

    Got sick of hearing 'it's an IP conflict' when it was the only device on
    the network.

    Stephen Ward, Nov 26, 2008

  2. Stephen Ward

    jroager Guest

    Hi Stephen,

    I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in
    knowing the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can.
    Did you call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner
    for support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our
    website that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a
    private message. I would like to reach out to you.

    Jason

    --
    jroager
    jroager's Profile: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/member.php?userid=2324

    External post from http://www.ukvoiptalk.com

    jroager, Nov 27, 2008

  3. Stephen Ward

    Graham. Guest

    > Hi Stephen,
    >
    > I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in
    > knowing the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can.
    > Did you call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner
    > for support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our
    > website that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a
    > private message. I would like to reach out to you.
    >
    > Jason
    >

    > --
    > jroager
    > jroager's Profile: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/member.php?userid=2324
    > View this thread: http://www.ukvoiptalk.com/showthread.php?t=4395
    >
    > External post from http://www.ukvoiptalk.com

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Jason,
    Why does an IT savvy person such as yourself choose to post to Usenet
    via a leaching Web gateway?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Nov 27, 2008
  4. Stephen Ward

    Stephen Ward Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:33:27 +0000, jroager wrote:

    > Hi Stephen,
    >
    > I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in knowing
    > the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can. Did you
    > call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner for
    > support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our website
    > that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a private
    > message. I would like to reach out to you.
    >
    > Jason

    It was ShoreTel TAC AFAIR- Here is how it works 'You are through to
    please leave a message'.

    I kind of liked the nefarious abuse of shutting the whole system down
    when the licence had expired (without any warning) resulting in TWO DAYS
    to get a call centre back on line. The final straw comes when support is
    a voicemail that takes FIVE DAYS to get an answer from. Looks like the
    Shoretel is going *in the bin*. It was pulled out today and replaced with
    a reliable open source solution.

    If this was ShoreTel TAC then *SHAME ON YOU*

    --
    .. . .

    Stephen Ward, Nov 27, 2008
  5. Stephen Ward

    alexd Guest

    jroager wrote:

    > I would like to reach out to you.

    Get a room.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:08:47 up 14 days, 2 min, 2 users, load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.08

    alexd, Nov 27, 2008
  6. In article <492f034c$0$2521$>,
    Stephen Ward <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:33:27 +0000, jroager wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Stephen,
    >>
    >> I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in knowing
    >> the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I can. Did you
    >> call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel Partner for
    >> support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located on our website
    >> that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me a private
    >> message. I would like to reach out to you.
    >>
    >> Jason

    >It was ShoreTel TAC AFAIR- Here is how it works 'You are through to
    >please leave a message'.
    >
    >I kind of liked the nefarious abuse of shutting the whole system down
    >when the licence had expired (without any warning) resulting in TWO DAYS
    >to get a call centre back on line. The final straw comes when support is
    >a voicemail that takes FIVE DAYS to get an answer from. Looks like the
    >Shoretel is going *in the bin*. It was pulled out today and replaced with
    >a reliable open source solution.

    So a result for open source - something who's license will never run
    out on you, hurrah!

    I can't believe these things are still going on - a local company here,
    had their phone system almost removed on the last day of their 5-year
    lease agreement with no prior warning - they had no choice (at the time)
    but to sign up for another 5 years, or be without a phone system! Shame
    they didn't know me at the time )-:

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Nov 27, 2008
  7. Stephen Ward

    Stephen Ward Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:28:03 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

    > In article <492f034c$0$2521$>, Stephen Ward
    > <> wrote:
    >>On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:33:27 +0000, jroager wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Stephen,
    >>>
    >>> I work for ShoreTel TAC here in the UK. I am very interested in
    >>> knowing the nature of this post and would like to help in anyway I
    >>> can. Did you call into ShoreTel TAC or do you go through a ShoreTel
    >>> Partner for support? We do have an extensive Knowledge Base located
    >>> on our website that has a wealth of information. Feel free to send me
    >>> a private message. I would like to reach out to you.
    >>>
    >>> Jason

    >>It was ShoreTel TAC AFAIR- Here is how it works 'You are through to
    >>please leave a message'.
    >>
    >>I kind of liked the nefarious abuse of shutting the whole system down
    >>when the licence had expired (without any warning) resulting in TWO DAYS
    >>to get a call centre back on line. The final straw comes when support is
    >>a voicemail that takes FIVE DAYS to get an answer from. Looks like the
    >>Shoretel is going *in the bin*. It was pulled out today and replaced
    >>with a reliable open source solution.

    > So a result for open source - something who's license will never run out
    > on you, hurrah!
    >
    > I can't believe these things are still going on - a local company here,
    > had their phone system almost removed on the last day of their 5-year
    > lease agreement with no prior warning - they had no choice (at the time)
    > but to sign up for another 5 years, or be without a phone system! Shame
    > they didn't know me at the time )-:
    >
    > Gordon

    The embarrassing thing is the place makes and supports linux based
    communication devices. We've worked out, by trial and error, that
    Asterisk does all that we want and more - and as Gordon points out
    without licence issues. It's up and running and we got the cards we need
    online a couple of days BEFORE Sh*tel had bothered to call us back.

    ARCHIVE THIS *AVOID SHORETEL SUPPORT IN THE UK - IT SERIOUSLY SUCKS*
    (for the benefit of search engines and groups)
    --
    .. . .

    Stephen Ward, Nov 28, 2008