    RitzCamera, TigerDirect, and Dell sell for $399.

    I am wondering if I pay $279 for the camera its quality would be the same
    those from RitzCamera, TigerDirect and Dell. Please advise me. Satoshi

    Satoshi, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Satoshi

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Satoshi wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I was trying to buy a new KM Dimage X50 using a search engine.
    > At "shopcartusa.com", its price ranges from $279 to $318.
    > When I visited "shopper-search.cnet.com", its price ranges from $316 to
    > $431.
    > What I see is that I can buy the same camera as little as for $279 and as
    > high as for $431.
    > RitzCamera, TigerDirect, and Dell sell for $399.
    >
    > I am wondering if I pay $279 for the camera its quality would be the same
    > those from RitzCamera, TigerDirect and Dell. Please advise me. Satoshi

    You probably won't get the lowball price.. A lot of dealers are simply out
    to fleece you. They run on a thin line that separates what is legal and what
    is not.

    The hustlers that sell the camera for $279, will insist you purchase accessories
    like memory cards and lens cleaning kits at horribly inflated prices. Then they'll
    stick you with an overpriced extra warranty and inflated insurance and shipping.
    By the time you've paid for all the extras, you'll find you've paid way more
    than you originally thought you would.

    If you decline the outrageously priced accessories and warranties, the dealers
    often discover that they are "out of stock" on the item you want and you'll have
    to call back in six weeks.

    When buying online, it's always wise to check:

    http://www.resellerratings.com/

    Type the company name in the box at the top right and do a search. Most places
    are decent businesses, but you'll see some outfits are just scum.

    Jim Townsend, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    Thanks Jim. It makes sense.
    I am now learning a new way of internet shopping. Satoshi

    Satoshi, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Satoshi

    Brian Guest

    >You probably won't get the lowball price.. A lot of dealers are simply out
    >to fleece you. They run on a thin line that separates what is legal and what
    >is not.
    >
    >The hustlers that sell the camera for $279, will insist you purchase accessories
    >like memory cards and lens cleaning kits at horribly inflated prices. Then they'll
    >stick you with an overpriced extra warranty and inflated insurance and shipping.
    >By the time you've paid for all the extras, you'll find you've paid way more
    >than you originally thought you would.
    >
    >If you decline the outrageously priced accessories and warranties, the dealers
    >often discover that they are "out of stock" on the item you want and you'll have
    >to call back in six weeks.
    >
    >When buying online, it's always wise to check:
    >
    >http://www.resellerratings.com/
    >
    >Type the company name in the box at the top right and do a search. Most places
    >are decent businesses, but you'll see some outfits are just scum.

    Yep... this is what happens when retailers are more concerned about
    what is "legal vs. illegal" rather than what is right or wrong.

    Brian, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Satoshi

    Alan Meyer Guest

    > Satoshi wrote:
    > > I am wondering if I pay $279 for the camera its quality would be the same
    > > those from RitzCamera, TigerDirect and Dell. Please advise me. Satoshi

    > When buying online, it's always wise to check:
    >
    > http://www.resellerratings.com/

    Excellent advice.

    Another problem with some of the extreme low price companies is
    that they won't honor their warranties. If you get the camera and it
    works okay, you're safe. But if there is a problem with it you may not
    be able to either get it repaired, exchange it, or get your money back.

    Follow Jim's advice.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Oct 20, 2004