Shooting speed of Olympus 5060

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Oneguy, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. Oneguy

    Oneguy Guest

    Can someone with experience with both the 5050 and 5060 answer this?:

    How much faster, if at all, does the 5060 acquire it's data than the
    5050? That is, from the moment the shutter button is pressed halfway,
    how long until the camera is ready (green led) in average shooting
    situations? Yes, I realize the time varies depending on the shooting
    conditions, but I just would like a comparison of both cameras in the
    same situation

    I've heard the 5060 acquires its information faster than the 5050, and
    I'd love to hear anyone's findings.

    Thanks!

    OG

    Oneguy, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Oneguy

    Dave Oddie Guest

    On 27 Dec 2003 16:50:27 GMT, Oneguy <> wrote:

    >I've heard the 5060 acquires its information faster than the 5050, and
    >I'd love to hear anyone's findings.

    The imaging resource web site quotes the following shutter lag for a full AF
    lock and shot in one press (no half press to pre focus).

    Oly 5060 0.65 sec wide angle, 0.72 sec full tele.
    Oly 5050 0.91 sec wide angle, 0.99 sec full tele.

    Dave

    --

    Wigan Warriors RLFC - 1998 Super League Champions
    (Oh - and Grand Final winners as well)
    Dave Oddie, Jan 7, 2004