    compensate for any problems.

    ????
    <rj>
    Guest, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Guest

    Banjopikr1 Guest

    Banjopikr1, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Guest

    -Gene- Guest

    I use a Nikon 995 camera with a long lens hood spacer
    and capture a slide lying on a light box. See here:
    http://www.photoprojects.net/slidecopy2.jpg
    Gene

    -Gene-, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've been trying to think of a way
    to hook a digicam to a KODAK Carousel slide projector.
    ( camera facing "in", much smaller projector lamp )
    This would enable rapid copying of slides
    that are stored in Carousel drums.

    Would a direct camera-to-projector link be possible ?
    or must the projector image be displayed on a "white-card" ?

    Unfortunately, I get lost when I try to
    think past "virtual image"......

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:45:18 -0600, -Gene- <> wrote:

    >I use a Nikon 995 camera with a long lens hood spacer
    >and capture a slide lying on a light box. See here:
    >http://www.photoprojects.net/slidecopy2.jpg
    >Gene
    >

    >"" wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone found a slide duplicator attachment
    >> for digital cameras ?
    >>
    >> Has anyone experimented with copying color slides ?
    >>
    >> I've got hundreds of old color slides that I'd like to digitize.
    >> Scanners are cumbersome.
    >> Dedicated slide scanners are too expensive.
    >>
    >> I can remember using a slide duplicator
    >> that attached to a ( film ) SLR.
    >> The results were mediocre.....
    >> but
    >> A good PhotoProgram should be able to
    >> compensate for any problems.
    >>
    >> ????
    >> <rj>

    <rj>
    Guest, Jan 11, 2004
  5. On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:36:39 -0500, "<RJ>" <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone found a slide duplicator attachment
    >for digital cameras ?
    >
    >Has anyone experimented with copying color slides ?
    >
    >I've got hundreds of old color slides that I'd like to digitize.
    >Scanners are cumbersome.
    >Dedicated slide scanners are too expensive.
    >
    >I can remember using a slide duplicator
    >that attached to a ( film ) SLR.
    >The results were mediocre.....
    >but
    >A good PhotoProgram should be able to
    >compensate for any problems.
    >
    >????
    ><rj>

    I first started copying my old 35mm slides with the Nikon CP-950
    several years ago, using Macro focusing. The first efforts were only
    fair, so I bought an 8X Loupe lens to mount immediately ahead of the
    camera lens. This made for much improvement, still in Macro focusing.
    Then later on, after buying the CP-995, I simply moved over to using
    it. Of course, as someone else has already pointed out - be sure you
    have a proper background behind the slide, a lightbox is ideal. I
    made my own from a plastic freezer box, turned upside down, with slide
    holders glued to the near side. The far side was aimed out my glassed
    in porch on sunny days. Worked very well, suited my needs, but am
    sure perfectionists would not be satisfied.

    Olin McDaniel

    To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
    Olin K. McDaniel, Jan 13, 2004