Shooting Fireworks - Photography tips for Holiday

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by arunsasi, Dec 2, 2007.

  1. arunsasi

    arunsasi Guest

    arunsasi, Dec 2, 2007

  2. arunsasi

    Guest

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:06:45 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital arunsasi
    <> wrote:

    >I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
    >of fireworks.
    >
    >http://explorersoflight.b

    Sure you can't put anymore blatant keywords on the site?

    Photo Blog A...r Sas... Camera SLR Lense Canon Nikon Photography Nature
    Pro Gallery

    , Dec 2, 2007

  3. arunsasi

    arunsasi Guest

    On Dec 2, 3:09 pm, wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:06:45 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital arunsasi
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
    > >of fireworks.

    > >http://explorersoflight.b

    > Sure you can't put anymore blatant keywords on the site?
    >
    > Photo Blog A...r Sas... Camera SLR Lense Canon Nikon Photography Nature
    > Pro Gallery

    my site.. my keywords, i dont understand who has a problem with it

    arunsasi, Dec 2, 2007
  4. arunsasi

    Guest

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:26:43 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital arunsasi
    <> wrote:

    >On Dec 2, 3:09 pm, wrote:
    >> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:06:45 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital arunsasi
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
    >> >of fireworks.

    >> >http://explorersoflight.b

    >> Sure you can't put anymore blatant keywords on the site?
    >>
    >> Photo Blog A...r Sas... Camera SLR Lense Canon Nikon Photography Nature
    >> Pro Gallery

    >my site.. my keywords, i dont understand who has a problem with it

    You work in IT, why do you use the word Pro, if you're not a pro
    photographer? Surely, you don't own both Nikon and Canon equipment, do
    you? If not why?

    , Dec 2, 2007
  5. arunsasi

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <2518dd1d-128d-4981-adba-324bf1850d01
    @s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, arunsasi says...
    > I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
    > of fireworks.
    >
    > http://explorersoflight.blogspot.com/2007/12/shooting-fireworks-photography-tips-for.html

    Additional advice: use a camera with live preview on an LCD screen. This
    way you can frame easily without having to bend to look through a
    viewfinder.

    Also, the best shots usually are at the beginning of the fireworks show,
    because after some time the sky fills with the smoke of the fireworks.

    You didn't mention how to set the exposure. Just choosing F8 or F11 and
    exposing for the duration of the firework might lead to under- or
    overexposed shots.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Dec 2, 2007
  6. arunsasi

    Ender Guest

    Ender, Dec 2, 2007
  7. arunsasi

    Krypto Guest

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:09:37 -0500, wrote:

    >On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:06:45 -0800 (PST), in rec.photo.digital arunsasi
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I have written a blog on my favorite settings on how to get good shots
    >>of fireworks.
    >>
    >>http://explorersoflight.b

    >Sure you can't put anymore blatant keywords on the site?
    >
    > Photo Blog A...r Sas... Camera SLR Lense Canon Nikon Photography Nature
    >Pro Gallery

    ......And your problem is?

    Krypto, Dec 3, 2007
  8. Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    >You didn't mention how to set the exposure. Just choosing F8 or F11 and
    >exposing for the duration of the firework might lead to under- or
    >overexposed shots.

    He did mention using a low ISO, like 100. That's the
    trick to using "bulb" for shutter, because essentially
    the shutter is open for the entire time any particular
    display exists. Exposure is controlled by the ISO and
    aperture.

    Using f/16 or f/22 probably would soften the image a
    little because diffusion is more of a problem as the
    aperture is stopped down. But f/16, for example, with a
    good lense might be better than having a slight over
    exposure too.

    Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

    Floyd L. Davidson, Dec 3, 2007