    The Flash player however, works fine.

    Is there a fix for this, or do I have to go back to 32 bit?

    Thank you.

    Sirius, May 21, 2009

  2. There is only 32-bit Shockwave, so it will never work in IE 64-bit.

    The issue is there has never been a 64-bit version published and it has
    never in the 64-bit Internet Explorer. The same as it's been for about
    5 years now!

    There's no 64-bit Flash, either, 32-bit only. Go to the Adobe web site
    and it will tell you there is no 64-bit Flash!

    Bobby Johnson, May 21, 2009

  3. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    Thank you for the info. So it seems that 32 bit Flash works
    with 64 bit Windows XP. Is there a way to make the 32
    bit Shockwave to work with it?
    They are backwards compatible, aren't they?
    There is both a 32 an 64 bit IE in this platform.

    Thank you.

    Sirius, May 21, 2009
  4. You would need to get that information from Adobe. Shockwave is not
    something that is high on my priority list.

    Bobby Johnson, May 21, 2009
  5. Sirius

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    It is not a Shockwave vs Win XP x64 issue.
    It is more a Shockwave vs both IE32 and IE64.
    For sure, neither Shockwave nor Flash will work in IE64 as they are 32-bit
    only.
    Flash and Shockwave should work in IE32.
    Are you sure you are using IE32 when trying to play Shockwave content?
    Otherwise you should raise the issue to Adobe.
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 22, 2009
  6. Carlos,

    In Win 7 x64 the Adobe web site comes up with a notice that Shockwave
    will not run on that platform, but apparently it does run on XP x64. I
    just downloaded it to my XP x64 and it is running in IE 32-bit.

    I guess I don't look at XP x64 very often anymore and tend to check
    these things out in Win 7 x64.

    Bobby

    Bobby Johnson, May 22, 2009
  7. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    How could I tell if I'm using IE32 or IE64?
    The Flash content does work though,
    no problem watching animated commercials.....

    Thank you.

    Sirius, May 22, 2009
  8. Sirius

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Press Shift-Ctrl-Esc to bring up Task Manager.
    Look in the Processes tab for Internet Explorer.
    32-bit processes have an *32 by its side.
    Carlos
    P.S.: If you can see flash animations, it is IE32 for sure

    Carlos, May 22, 2009
  9. Try this:

    Close IE
    Go to C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64

    move the folder "Adobe" to

    C:\WINDOWS\system32

    Run installation again

    Enjoy xD

    André Brazuca, May 23, 2009
  10. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    André,

    This DID work. Thank you so much.
    You are so smart, a genius. You are the best.

    Thank again. Best wishes. =)

    Sirius, May 24, 2009