    Thanks,
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 24/11/2004 20.35.05

    MLC, Nov 24, 2004

  2. MLC

    MLC Guest

    _MLC_, mercoledì 24/nov/2004:

    > I see it in about:plugins
    >
    > File name: npswf32.dll
    > Shockwave Flash 7.0 r19
    >
    > but going to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I can't see the
    > Shockwave animation, and I get the message "Additional plugins are required
    > to display all the media on this page".
    > Clicking on "Install Missed Plugins..." I get a failed install.
    >
    > Instead the Flash animation below displays well.
    > Why Shockwave doesn't?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Oh, sorry: I'm speaking about Firefox 1.0 (on Win XP Home SP2).
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 24/11/2004 20.52.48

    MLC, Nov 24, 2004

  3. MLC wrote:
    > _MLC_, mercoledì 24/nov/2004:
    >

    >>I see it in about:plugins
    >>
    >> File name: npswf32.dll
    >> Shockwave Flash 7.0 r19
    >>
    >>but going to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I can't see the
    >>Shockwave animation, and I get the message "Additional plugins are required
    >>to display all the media on this page".
    >>Clicking on "Install Missed Plugins..." I get a failed install.
    >>
    >>Instead the Flash animation below displays well.
    >>Why Shockwave doesn't?
    >>
    >>Thanks,

    > Oh, sorry: I'm speaking about Firefox 1.0 (on Win XP Home SP2).

    The Shockwave player and the Flash player are two different items. Go
    here to download and install:

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shockwave

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 24, 2004
  4. MLC

    Chuck Guest

    > but going to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I can't see the
    > Shockwave animation, and I get the message "Additional plugins are
    > required
    > to display all the media on this page".
    > Clicking on "Install Missed Plugins..." I get a failed install.
    >
    > Instead the Flash animation below displays well.
    > Why Shockwave doesn't?

    I'm having the same player with Real Player 10.5. Page wont render, I get
    the exact same message you do. I *have* RP 10.5 installed, FF just won't
    recognize it. I posted a few days ago in the ng and saw someone had the
    same problem with QuickTime. Since no one has really responded to any of
    our requests, I'm assuming it's a FF issue.

    Chuck, Nov 24, 2004
  5. MLC

    MLC Guest

    _Leonidas Jones_, mercoledì 24/nov/2004:

    > MLC wrote:
    >> _MLC_, mercoledì 24/nov/2004:
    >>
    >>>I see it in about:plugins
    >>>
    >>> File name: npswf32.dll
    >>> Shockwave Flash 7.0 r19
    >>>
    >>>but going to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I can't see the
    >>>Shockwave animation, and I get the message "Additional plugins are required
    >>>to display all the media on this page".
    >>>Clicking on "Install Missed Plugins..." I get a failed install.
    >>>
    >>>Instead the Flash animation below displays well.
    >>>Why Shockwave doesn't?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,

    >> Oh, sorry: I'm speaking about Firefox 1.0 (on Win XP Home SP2).

    > The Shockwave player and the Flash player are two different items. Go
    > here to download and install:
    >
    > http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=Shockwave
    >
    > Lee

    Shockwave was already installed. Anyway I uninstalled it and installed again
    from your link, and now it works. Thanks!
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 24/11/2004 23.16.48

    MLC, Nov 24, 2004
  6. MLC

    MLC Guest

    _Chuck_, mercoledì 24/nov/2004:

    >> but going to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I can't see the
    >> Shockwave animation, and I get the message "Additional plugins are
    >> required
    >> to display all the media on this page".
    >> Clicking on "Install Missed Plugins..." I get a failed install.
    >>
    >> Instead the Flash animation below displays well.
    >> Why Shockwave doesn't?

    > I'm having the same player with Real Player 10.5. Page wont render, I get
    > the exact same message you do. I *have* RP 10.5 installed, FF just won't
    > recognize it. I posted a few days ago in the ng and saw someone had the
    > same problem with QuickTime. Since no one has really responded to any of
    > our requests, I'm assuming it's a FF issue.

    Since uninstalling and installing again Shockwave worked for me (see my
    answer to Lee), try you too and see if works.

    Ciao,
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 24/11/2004 23.20.33

    MLC, Nov 24, 2004
  7. MLC

    Guest

    Will Shockwave and flash ever work with Firefox?? This has been driving me
    crazy for awhile now. :(( I am trying to play "winks" from MSN Messenger and
    unable to. Keeps telling me to download Shockwave over and over again.
    Boohooo.

    , Nov 25, 2004
  8. MLC

    Chuck Guest

    >> I'm having the same player with Real Player 10.5. Page wont render, I
    >> get
    >> the exact same message you do. I *have* RP 10.5 installed, FF just won't
    >> recognize it. I posted a few days ago in the ng and saw someone had the
    >> same problem with QuickTime. Since no one has really responded to any of
    >> our requests, I'm assuming it's a FF issue.

    Nope. I'm getting the same problem with QuickTime and Real Player. When I
    visit certain sites, I get the missing plugin message, even though both are
    installed. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both to no avail.

    It's frustrating that FF won't recognize them. I can even see entries in
    the plugins folder (.class and .dll files ) for them. Evidently, they DO
    work with FF. Just not for me.

    Chuck, Nov 25, 2004
  9. MLC

    Chuck Guest

    > Nope. I'm getting the same problem with QuickTime and Real Player. When
    > I visit certain sites, I get the missing plugin message, even though both
    > are installed. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both to no avail.
    >
    > It's frustrating that FF won't recognize them. I can even see entries in
    > the plugins folder (.class and .dll files ) for them. Evidently, they DO
    > work with FF. Just not for me.

    I took it all the way to the basics. Uninstalled QuickTime and Real Player.
    Rebooted. Cleaned the registry out, removing QT and RP info. Rebooted.
    Uninstalled FF. Rebooted. Cleaned registry again, nothing showed which was
    good.

    Installed FF. Visited sites in question. When prompted for missing
    plugins, let FF do it's thing. RP installed fine, according to FF. Showed
    up in Programs, definitely installed RP 10.5. Went back to the site again
    and......... FF still prompted for missing plugin. WTF? I can see entries
    in the plugin folder for RP.

    QT said I needed to do a manual install, I did, it installed fine. As with
    RP, It is definitely installed and I see entries for it in the plugin
    folder. As with RP, I still get prompted for the missing plugin when
    visiting the site.

    I don't know what else I can do. Can ANYONE suggest a way to get these to
    work? It appears as if the Shockwave plugin works fine, not sure why the
    others aren't.

    Chuck, Nov 26, 2004