Shiva RAS

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by CJ, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. CJ

    CJ Guest

    Well,

    I couldn't stand just tearing up my network for studies so I managed to
    do a little minor damage to my primary XPP machine.

    I bought a Microsoft Router for 35.00 at Best Buy. Installed configured
    it and it works flawlessly with my cable modem. Connected a Windows 2000
    Pro computer to is and it connects flawlessly.

    However, now when I have to DIAL into my office I can no longer use the
    default gateway at the office. My DNS is correct, my assigned IP is
    correct, however my subnet mask is incorrect and my default gateway uses the
    same IP as my assigned IP. I've tried every option under TCP/IP including
    (use the remote default gateway) and I still cannot correct it. I've tried
    releasing and renewing my IP's. This has just happened since I installed my
    Cable Router, but there's got to be something I can change to obtain the
    correct settings when dialing into my office.

    Anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Carolina

    CJ, Jun 30, 2003