    more than one at a time will I be charged shipping on all three orders? One
    of my credit cards has an outstanding charge on it which I think is from MS
    for shipping for $20 which is the charge for overseas orders
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=, Jul 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=

    Rob Stow Guest

    Steve1077 wrote:
    > I have exchanged three copies of XP 32 for XP 64 and as you cant exchange
    > more than one at a time will I be charged shipping on all three orders? One
    > of my credit cards has an outstanding charge on it which I think is from MS
    > for shipping for $20 which is the charge for overseas orders

    You get hit with the shipping charge every time.

    A friend of mine exchanged 4 copies (from computers for his whole
    family) and was billed for 4 separate shippings.
    Rob Stow, Jul 15, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=

    NNBXX Guest

    BTW, it's $22 for *each* foreign order, not $20.

    NNBXX, Jul 15, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=

    NNBXX Guest

    Yes, it's perfectly normal to be charged for each exchanged copy. If you
    would have purchased 4 different OEM copies of x64, you would have been
    charged, say, $150 for each, wouldn't you ?

    NNBXX, Jul 15, 2005
  5. If I were buying 3 OEM copies then clearly I would have to pay for all 3, but
    I would only be paying 1 shipping charge, and as this is a free exchange with
    no option of exchanging more than 1 copy then I would have thought I would
    only be charged once, not that I'm bothered about a few dollars, I just want
    to know when and which credit cards will be charged as I used different cards
    for each order

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=, Jul 15, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMDc3?=

    NNBXX Guest

    Yes, but I mean that in the TAP, the shipping charges actually are the very
    price of the product, in a certain way. They are not only shipping charges
    as you could consider when buying 3 or n OEM copies. Do you think that
    Microsoft *really* gives you a copy of x64 for free ? Like it or not, but
    their so called "shipping charges" are the price they make you - and me -
    pay, to get the product. They aren't *only* shipping charges, although they
    cover them.

    I hope you could understand what I mean, because English is not my mother
    tongue.

    Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, Jul 15, 2005