    the responsibility of the recipient.

    Thank you again for your order.

    Microsoft Windows x64 Technology Advancement Team
    Johann Gamblepudding, Jul 15, 2005

  2. Haven't gotten mine, but try DHL. MS tends to use DHL quite a bit, though
    this isn't actually coming from MS directly, so that may not apply.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 15, 2005

  3. I've tried USPS, DHL, UPS and FedEx - all say invalid TID :(

    Johann Gamblepudding, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Johann Gamblepudding

    Kevin Lowe Guest

    Same here. It certainly looks like a UPS tracking number ("1Z...", 18
    digits) and Google recognizes it as a UPS tracking number (try it, it's a
    quick link to UPS' track page). UPS's system doesn't seem to recognize it,
    however.

    Kevin Lowe, Jul 15, 2005
  5. Johann Gamblepudding

    NNBXX Guest

    You have to wait a little before UPS system recognizes your tracking number.
    It usually requires one day or so.

    NNBXX, Jul 15, 2005
  6. Johann Gamblepudding

    tawpgk Guest

    I have never seen it take more than a few hours. Unless possibly they are
    labeling them all for UPS to pick them up en masse.

    --
    Tom

    tawpgk, Jul 15, 2005
  7. Johann Gamblepudding

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    Nothing here yet, no mail, my cc hasn't been charged, no change in
    status, nothing. Order number x00012xx. But then again, I'm in Holland,
    maybe it takes longer? And because of that shipping will take a while as
    well... Well, I'll just wait some more, after all, we're already waiting
    for almost three months. Mind you, I'm not complaining, I've already
    installed the beta complimentary download, I'm just amazed this exchange
    program had to take three months! Assuming it will arrive anytime soon,
    that is.

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, Jul 15, 2005
  8. Johann Gamblepudding

    NNBXX Guest

    Order number X00004xx, placed April 25th. I'm in France. Nothing yet neither
    : no mail, no CC charged, no change in status. Microsoft doesn't like
    Europeans, I'm afraid :(

    NNBXX, Jul 15, 2005
  9. Johann Gamblepudding

    NNBXX Guest

    Yes, that's possible.

    NNBXX, Jul 15, 2005
  10. Johann Gamblepudding

    tawpgk Guest

    No different here in Las Vegas, I have number 012xx. No charge, no change in
    screen status, just that email.

    --
    Tom

    tawpgk, Jul 15, 2005
  11. Most likely Microsoft will label them and send the customers the tracking
    numbers assigned by Microsoft.
    The shipper will have no knowledge of the numbers until they receive and
    process the packages.
    This process can and often does take a day or more.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 15, 2005
  12. Johann Gamblepudding

    John Barnes Guest

    They usually get a tape from the shipper with the shipping numbers that were
    assigned. Usually before they receive and process the bulk packages.

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  13. Johann Gamblepudding

    John Barnes Guest

    File from the shipper :)

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005
  14. Johann Gamblepudding

    Mike Guest

    just recieved a email saying my copy has been shipped. My order number was
    just under x0002xxx

    Mike, Jul 15, 2005
  15. Same as you, but VISA was charged when MS sent me the email, three days ago.
    I'm at Spain

    Jose Lombardia

    Jose Lombardia, Jul 16, 2005
  16. Johann Gamblepudding

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    But that's just it, I didn't receive an email, my cc hasn't been
    charged, and the order status hasn't changed. I received an email two
    days ago (the 14th), that they would start shipping the 14th, but apart
    from that I've heard nothing yet. I thought that might be because I live
    in Europe instead of thew US, but that's probably not it, if you live in
    Spain. Oh well, back to waiting again...

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, Jul 16, 2005
  17. Johann Gamblepudding

    tawpgk Guest

    tawpgk, Jul 16, 2005
  18. Johann Gamblepudding

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Mine did not ship until Friday, July 15th, 2005, my order number is
    X00019XX.

    Kevin Panzke, Jul 17, 2005
  19. Johann Gamblepudding

    Kevin Lowe Guest

    Hmmm... it's been all weekend, and my tracking number is still showing as
    invalid.

    This is seriously messed up. I've never had it take this long to get
    tracking info.

    Kevin Lowe, Jul 18, 2005