    On top of that i still have my Zone Alarm Free version running and still
    fail with recieving the TCP packets and failing the true stealth test.

    Any suggestions on what to do to hide the closed ports??
    Lone Star, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Lone Star

    Mackin Guest

    Lone Star wrote:

    > I ran shields up test https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 and found that
    > all ports were closed and stealthed except ports 1024 to ports 1055 were
    > closed but not stealthed...hence true stealth failed
    >
    > I also failed the receiving solicited TCP packets
    > I have a billion router that claims to have soho firewall with NAT
    > feature.
    >
    > On top of that i still have my Zone Alarm Free version running and still
    > fail with recieving the TCP packets and failing the true stealth test.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what to do to hide the closed ports??

    Be careful with GRC's Sheilds Up
    http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/netbios.htm#ShieldsUp

    Read this for good info on online security
    http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/#CheckSecurity

    Mackin
    Mackin, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Lone Star

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    Lone Star wrote:

    > I ran shields up test https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 and found that
    > all ports were closed and stealthed except ports 1024 to ports 1055 were
    > closed but not stealthed...hence true stealth failed
    >
    > I also failed the receiving solicited TCP packets
    > I have a billion router that claims to have soho firewall with NAT feature.
    >
    > On top of that i still have my Zone Alarm Free version running and still
    > fail with recieving the TCP packets and failing the true stealth test.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what to do to hide the closed ports??

    Shields up is seeing your router, Zonealarm won't have any effect.
    See if your router has a "block WAN requests" setting in its security
    settings.
    Stealth is overrated by grc, the fact that you have a hardware router is
    better for your security
    Alex Axolotl, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Lone Star

    Lone Star Guest

    "Alex Axolotl" <> wrote in message
    > Lone Star wrote:
    >
    >> I ran shields up test https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 and found
    >> that all ports were closed and stealthed except ports 1024 to ports 1055
    >> were closed but not stealthed...hence true stealth failed
    >>
    >> I also failed the receiving solicited TCP packets
    >> I have a billion router that claims to have soho firewall with NAT
    >> feature.
    >>
    >> On top of that i still have my Zone Alarm Free version running and still
    >> fail with recieving the TCP packets and failing the true stealth test.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on what to do to hide the closed ports??
    >>

    > Shields up is seeing your router, Zonealarm won't have any effect.
    > See if your router has a "block WAN requests" setting in its security
    > settings.

    Yes i have block wan requests on, I've read on some adsl forums i should add
    packet filtering rules, but have no figgin idea on how to add them (looks
    simple enough tho) but how to define which one's to add, if that makes any
    sence

    Lone Star, Dec 6, 2004