Shields Up

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    Thought I'd run Shields Up at grc.com on this Kubuntu box. The IP is
    sitting in the DMZ (not behind the router firewall)

    "Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single
    packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a
    result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to
    reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the
    passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet.
    Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by
    attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But
    your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice."

    Run your Windoze box and post the results here, be honest.

    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

    heh

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 10, 2007

  2. Meat Plow

    Guest

    Meat Plow <> wrote:

    >Thought I'd run Shields Up at grc.com on this Kubuntu box. The IP is
    >sitting in the DMZ (not behind the router firewall)
    >
    >"Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single
    >packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a
    >result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to
    >reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the
    >passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet.
    >Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by
    >attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But
    >your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice."
    >
    >Run your Windoze box and post the results here, be honest.
    >
    >https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
    >
    >heh

    I disconnected the router, and ran with the Clearwire.com box, Pretty
    sure it's a NAT.

    "Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single
    packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a
    result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused
    to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint
    of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on
    the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their
    users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing
    themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very
    nice."

    But I always get that when I run the test :)
    Better link https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

    XP pro and ZA (I'm not disabling that just for a test.)
    --

    Undercover cop who pulls gun during a road rage incident
    learns about the second amendment.

    , Jun 10, 2007

  3. Meat Plow

    Clay Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > Thought I'd run Shields Up at grc.com on this Kubuntu box. The IP is
    > sitting in the DMZ (not behind the router firewall)
    >
    > "Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a
    > single
    > packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a
    > result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and
    > refused to
    > reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of
    > the
    > passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the
    > Internet.
    > Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by
    > attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves.
    > But
    > your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice."
    >
    > Run your Windoze box and post the results here, be honest.
    >
    > https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

    -------------------------Snip-------------------------------------
    It sees my IP address only
    True Stealth.....
    Using XP sp2 with Kerio firewall. No router.
    Clay

    Clay, Jun 10, 2007
  4. After much thought,Meat Plow aka l came up with this
    jewel:

    > Thought I'd run Shields Up at grc.com on this Kubuntu box. The IP is
    > sitting in the DMZ (not behind the router firewall)
    >
    > "Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single
    > packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a
    > result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused
    > to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint
    > of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on
    > the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose
    > their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus
    > revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every
    > way. Very nice."
    >
    > Run your Windoze box and post the results here, be honest.
    >
    > https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
    >
    > heh

    I just ran it using my old laptop- W2K pro- here are the results-

    "Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single
    packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a
    result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused
    to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of
    the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the
    Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their
    users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing
    themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very
    nice."

    I guess my router is doing its job(I don't use a SW firewall).

    max
    --
    My Pages:
    Virus Removal Instructions:

    What's in a Name?, Jun 10, 2007
  5. Meat Plow

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Well, I ran the little stealth test using Vista FW/packet filter
    supplemented with IPsec. IPsec is there for outbound protection, if need be.
    The results are below.

    Your machine is only stealth behind a router, FW appliance or a gateway
    computer running a host based network FW solution. Unsolicited inbound
    traffic can't reach the machine behind the router, FW appliance or gateway
    computer running a host based network FW, protecting a network.

    If you posted this in a Security and FW NG, they would run you out of town
    telling you that Gibson's Stealth test is *crap*, and Stealth is only a
    *Home User* word. :)

    Mr. Arnold, Jun 10, 2007
  6. Meat Plow

    DArnold Guest

    Let me killfile you K-Hag with this NG reader, like I have done with
    every NG reader I use. You're beyond a fucking lunatic. Why don't you
    try kissing your Black ass. Maybe, some sense out of your ass will
    transfer to your brain. But I doubt that.

    DArnold, Jun 10, 2007
  7. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 04:14:29 +0000, What's in a Name? wrote:

    > After much thought,Meat Plow aka l came up with this
    > jewel:
    >
    >> Thought I'd run Shields Up at grc.com on this Kubuntu box. The IP is
    >> sitting in the DMZ (not behind the router firewall)
    >>
    >> "Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single
    >> packet solicited or otherwise was received from your system as a
    >> result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused
    >> to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint
    >> of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on
    >> the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose
    >> their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus
    >> revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every
    >> way. Very nice."
    >>
    >> Run your Windoze box and post the results here, be honest.
    >>
    >> https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
    >>
    >> heh

    > I just ran it using my old laptop- W2K pro- here are the results-
    >
    > "Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single
    > packet solicited or otherwise was received from your system as a
    > result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused
    > to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of
    > the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the
    > Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their
    > users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing
    > themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very
    > nice."
    >
    > I guess my router is doing its job(I don't use a SW firewall).
    >
    > max

    Well I'm happy to see all you guys got your boxes locked down tight.
    My results were from a unaltered Kubuntu box sitting blind duck on the
    net. That's why I use it for my net box. Still have an XP slice on the
    drive for copying encrypted dvd's.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 10, 2007
  8. Meat Plow

    DArnold Guest

    It's the killfile for your silly ass too, like in the others.

    DArnold, Jun 10, 2007
  9. Meat Plow

    relic Guest

    DArnold wrote:
    > It's the killfile for your silly ass too, like in the others.

    Me too.

    relic, Jun 10, 2007
  10. Meat Plow

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    killed

    Mr. Arnold, Jun 10, 2007
  11. Meat Plow

    DArnold Guest

    Let me get you with this one too, killed.

    DArnold, Jun 10, 2007
  12. Meat Plow

    relic Guest

    DArnold wrote:
    > Let me get you with this one too, killed.

    Great! I won't be hearing from you again.

    relic, Jun 10, 2007
  13. Meat Plow

    Clogwog Guest

    "DArnold" <> schreef in bericht

    > It's the killfile for your silly ass too, like in the others.

    Your killfile is fucked!

    Clogwog, Jun 10, 2007
  14. Meat Plow

    DArnold Guest

    I decided to keep you in this one Relish, since you needed to run your
    mouth. In the meantime, saddle up your cockroach Relish and ride out of
    town for today.

    DArnold, Jun 10, 2007
  15. Meat Plow

    Robb Guest

    DArnold wrote:

    >I decided to keep you in this one Relish, since you needed to run your
    >mouth. In the meantime, saddle up your cockroach Relish and ride out of
    >town for today.

    WTF has Relish got to do with newsgroups? I just got back in town, could I
    have one of your trademark soft illogical <PLANK's> meester-veesta? ;)

    --
    Robb

    Robb, Jun 10, 2007
  16. Meat Plow

    relic Guest

    DArnold wrote:
    > I decided to keep you in this one Relish, since you needed to run your
    > mouth. In the meantime, saddle up your cockroach Relish and ride out
    > of town for today.

    Translation: I lied.

    relic, Jun 10, 2007
  17. Meat Plow

    DArnold Guest

    DArnold, Jun 11, 2007
  18. Meat Plow

    DArnold Guest

    DArnold, Jun 11, 2007
  19. Meat Plow

    DArnold Guest

    <One other thing Rob Dog Bone, it was illogical for the whore hound>
    <called your mama to drop you like she did, when she was tagged by the>
    <dog pack. Since she didn't know who your daddy dog was, she should>
    <have strangled you at birth with your own placenta.>

    DArnold, Jun 11, 2007
  20. Meat Plow

    Stara Suka Guest

    :
[...]

    Complete Stealth.
    : --
    : #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    : #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    : #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    : #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    : #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    : Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
    : COOSN-266-06-25794
    :
    :

    Stara Suka, Jun 11, 2007