    file didn't appear to get recreated. I did a search for it, but it's gone.
    I think I could use a little help. Any suggestions?

    ---

    Puzzled, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    It will be recreated again when Windows needs it. Try rebooting
    a couple of times, or browse through loads of folders in Windows
    explorer, so that the cache has to be updated.

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:50:09 GMT, in
    <R9kOa.215$GL4.260@rwcrnsc53>
    Puzzled scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Puzzled

    Puzzled Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > It will be recreated again when Windows needs it. Try rebooting
    > a couple of times, or browse through loads of folders in Windows
    > explorer, so that the cache has to be updated.
    >

    > On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:50:09 GMT, in
    > <R9kOa.215$GL4.260@rwcrnsc53>
    > Puzzled scrawled:
    >
    > >I was having trouble with the little shortcut arrows on my desktop

    shortcuts
    > >changing to different shapes, and someone recommended deleting the
    > >shelliconcache file, then rebooting; this supposedly recreates the
    > >shelliconcache file.
    > >
    > >Well, I tried it - the icons seem to be okay now, but the shelliconcache
    > >file didn't appear to get recreated. I did a search for it, but it's

    gone.
    > >I think I could use a little help. Any suggestions?
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    It happened just like you said it would - I rebooted, and there it was.
    Thanks!

    ---

    Puzzled, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:55:28 GMT, in
    <ATmOa.1022$>
    Puzzled scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> It will be recreated again when Windows needs it. Try rebooting
    >> a couple of times, or browse through loads of folders in Windows
    >> explorer, so that the cache has to be updated.

    <snip>

    >It happened just like you said it would - I rebooted, and
    >there it was.
    >Thanks!

    You're welcome.

    --