    Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
    stations.

    I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    RayC, Jun 20, 2006

  2. RayC

    Alan Guest

    "RayC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff
    > to attend to
    > banking the cash at the counter.
    >
    > None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >
    > Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer
    > service stations.
    >
    > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    Sounds like FlyBuys is doing exactly what Shell want it to do - create
    loyalty to them that they wouldn't otherwise have.

    They won't agree to any other petrol retailer being a member.

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    Alan, Jun 20, 2006

  3. RayC

    J Brockley Guest

    "RayC" <> wrote in message
    > Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
    > attend to
    > banking the cash at the counter.
    >
    > None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >
    > Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
    > stations.
    >
    > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    A flybuy is worth ~20c
    Not sure how much LPG costs but I guessing Shell have it right by assuming
    you'd rather have 20c as opposed to service.

    J Brockley, Jun 20, 2006
  4. RayC

    TKKGHCMT Guest

    "J Brockley" <> wrote in message
    > "RayC" <> wrote in message

    > > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    > A flybuy is worth ~20c

    That is of course assuming you make a wise selection at redemption.

    Choosing poorly could see a value of 10c or less per point.

    P.S. Has anyone else noticed the number of retail outlets that have dropped
    out of the FlyBuys program in the last year, or revised their points
    allocations, not to mention the new signup that seems to have never
    eventuated?

    TKKGHCMT, Jun 20, 2006
  5. RayC

    Allistar Guest

    TKKGHCMT wrote:

    > "J Brockley" <> wrote in message
    >> "RayC" <> wrote in message

    >> > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    >> A flybuy is worth ~20c

    > That is of course assuming you make a wise selection at redemption.
    >
    > Choosing poorly could see a value of 10c or less per point.
    >
    > P.S. Has anyone else noticed the number of retail outlets that have
    > dropped out of the FlyBuys program in the last year, or revised their
    > points allocations, not to mention the new signup that seems to have never
    > eventuated?

    I've never been one for those royalty type schemes, the convenience of
    shopping at the nearest location is worth more to me than what the points
    are worth. Also I tend to avoid companies I've had bad service at
    regardless of their loyalty programme.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jun 20, 2006
  6. RayC

    Jonno Guest

    "RayC" <> wrote in message
    > Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
    > attend to
    > banking the cash at the counter.
    >
    > None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >
    > Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
    > stations.
    >
    > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    Noticed any increase in the price of LPG this week?. Filled up my 9kg bottle
    at my local Shell station tonight and it cost $19.58. Last week (and the
    weeks before) it cost $17.36. Now you don't suppose the cold weather down
    here in Canterbury has anything to do with the increase in price by any
    chance. Back to the woodburner for me and stuff Environment Canty.

    Jonno, Jun 20, 2006
  7. RayC wrote:
    > Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to attend
    > banking the cash at the counter.
    >
    > None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >
    > Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
    > stations.
    >
    > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    My local Challenge, had real cheap LPG, $12.50 per 9kg, it has risen over last
    three weeks to $15.95.

    They also have a No Fill under 5kg rule as well. Technical reasons I believe
    the dispensing unit not being capable at that low weight.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jun 20, 2006
  8. RayC

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:46:04 +1200, "RayC" <>
    exclaimed:

    >Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to attend
    >banking the cash at the counter.
    >
    >None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >
    >Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
    >stations.
    >
    >I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    You're absolutely right. Shell seems to have adopted a "no service"
    approach.

    We are in the process of moving our reasonably large Shellcard account
    to BP, whom appear to have maintained a commitment to service.

    Fred Dagg, Jun 20, 2006
  9. RayC

    Vista Guest

    "RayC" <> wrote in message
    > Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
    > attend to
    > banking the cash at the counter.
    >
    > None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >
    > Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
    > stations.
    >
    > I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)

    They stoped calling themselves service stations yonks ago.

    Vista, Jun 21, 2006
  10. RayC

    ~misfit~ Guest

    RayC wrote:
    > Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff to
    > attend to
    > banking the cash at the counter.
    >
    > None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >
    > Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer service
    > stations.

    LOL. I went to my local Shell to get some windscreen washer additive and
    they didn't have any. Twice (I asked a couple weeks later). They had cans of
    spaghetti, beans, biscuits, chips, chocolate...

    I ended up getting my Bar's Bugs at Pak'n Save!

    Bloody stupid when retail crossover goes that far, beyond the line.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 21, 2006
  11. On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:21:55 +1200, "Alan" <> wrote:

    >"RayC" <> wrote in message
    >> Why would this be now, possibly because their is only enough staff
    >> to attend to
    >> banking the cash at the counter.
    >>
    >> None left to attend the forecourt as well as fill cylinders.
    >>
    >> Shell stations are now supermarket petrol retailers, no longer
    >> service stations.
    >>
    >> I dearly wish other competitors had flybuys(sigh)
    >>

    >Sounds like FlyBuys is doing exactly what Shell want it to do - create
    >loyalty to them that they wouldn't otherwise have.
    >
    >They won't agree to any other petrol retailer being a member.
    >
    >Alan.

    Shell own 25% of Flybuys (or Loyalty New Zealand Ltd to be exact)

    The other shareholders are IAG (State Insurance) 25%, BNZ 25%,
    Foodstuffs (Foodtown) 25%

    Jason Clinton, Jun 21, 2006
  12. RayC

    Crash Guest

    Jason Clinton wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:21:55 +1200, "Alan" <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > Shell own 25% of Flybuys (or Loyalty New Zealand Ltd to be exact)
    >
    > The other shareholders are IAG (State Insurance) 25%, BNZ 25%,
    > Foodstuffs (Foodtown) 25%

    Foodstuffs is NOT Foodtown - they are New World/PaknSave/4Square. New World,
    unsurprisingly, are the only supermarket with Fly Byes.

    Crash.

    Crash, Jun 21, 2006
  13. On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:50:08 +1200, Crash
    <> wrote:

    >Jason Clinton wrote:
    >> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:21:55 +1200, "Alan" <> wrote:

    >[snip]
    >

    >> Shell own 25% of Flybuys (or Loyalty New Zealand Ltd to be exact)
    >>
    >> The other shareholders are IAG (State Insurance) 25%, BNZ 25%,
    >> Foodstuffs (Foodtown) 25%

    >Foodstuffs is NOT Foodtown - they are New World/PaknSave/4Square. New World,
    >unsurprisingly, are the only supermarket with Fly Byes.
    >
    >Crash.

    Yep my bad. I knew that and you're 100% right.

    Jason Clinton, Jun 21, 2006