    sources and we won't have them until HD-DVD comes out, but
    once the old analog display is dispensed with and the scan lines
    are gone, DVD looks exceptional.
    RichA, Feb 2, 2005

  2. RichA

    Darkknight Guest

    as far as i'm concerned HD is all hype. (i work as a tech in a TV station).
    the reccommended correct viewing distance for viewing HD TV is about 2
    times the screen size. hence if you are viewing a HD TV from 4 metres
    you idealy would need a 2 metre screen, who would want a big monster
    like that in a normal lounge room?
    A lot of the large screen TV's whether projection/LCD/Plasma are simply
    not worth having due to low brightness, short display life, narrow
    viewing angle. but this is a technology in progress, and new display
    types are rapidly being developed, even the old CRT technology is being
    rehashed, i think it's samsung (could be wrong) is redeveloping it's CRT
    technology and will soon have large screen CRT's with a tube depth of
    about 45cm

    Darkknight, Feb 3, 2005