Sharpening my knives and any other weapons

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by CollectorNZ, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. CollectorNZ

    CollectorNZ Guest

    Some shit head is spamming several domains and has forged my domain name
    as the sender. Yahoo Korea is bombarding me with delivery failed
    notices. They are using common Korean nicks and numerically incrementing
    them so I am getting heaps.

    See the header below any suggestions, I dont want to increase the
    problem by bouncing them, but I also dont want to recieve them.

    I notice we tend to get a lot of korean shit it seems that the IP block
    used in NZ is also split with Korea.
    <>:
    This user doesn't have a yahoo.co.kr account () [-5]

    --- Original message follows.

    From: "°øÂ¥ÈÞ´ëÆù" <>
    Subject: KTF-[¿Õ´ë¹ÚÀ̺¥Æ®]À߸¸Çϸé ÈÞ´ëÆù °øÂ¥·ç»ê´Ù~!! lvajx hodkjjyg
    Date: Tue, 10 Feb 04 17:59:37 GMT

    --C07.B7_409.78424C7.B9

  2. CollectorNZ

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Some shit head is spamming several domains and has forged my domain name
    > as the sender. Yahoo Korea is bombarding me with delivery failed
    > notices. They are using common Korean nicks and numerically incrementing
    > them so I am getting heaps.
    >
    > See the header below any suggestions, I dont want to increase the
    > problem by bouncing them, but I also dont want to recieve them.
    >
    > I notice we tend to get a lot of korean shit it seems that the IP block
    > used in NZ is also split with Korea.

    NZ uses a particular IP block? News to me

    Mainlander, Feb 11, 2004

  3. CollectorNZ

    CollectorNZ Guest

    Mainlander wrote:
    > In article <>, says...
    >
    >>Some shit head is spamming several domains and has forged my domain name
    >>as the sender. Yahoo Korea is bombarding me with delivery failed
    >>notices. They are using common Korean nicks and numerically incrementing
    >>them so I am getting heaps.
    >>
    >>See the header below any suggestions, I dont want to increase the
    >>problem by bouncing them, but I also dont want to recieve them.
    >>
    >>I notice we tend to get a lot of korean shit it seems that the IP block
    >>used in NZ is also split with Korea.

    > NZ uses a particular IP block? News to me

    To right you cant just use any IP number on a public network, it has to
    be issued to you by the controlling authority.
    CollectorNZ, Feb 11, 2004
  4. CollectorNZ

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Mainlander wrote:
    > > In article <>, says...
    > >
    > >>Some shit head is spamming several domains and has forged my domain name
    > >>as the sender. Yahoo Korea is bombarding me with delivery failed
    > >>notices. They are using common Korean nicks and numerically incrementing
    > >>them so I am getting heaps.
    > >>
    > >>See the header below any suggestions, I dont want to increase the
    > >>problem by bouncing them, but I also dont want to recieve them.
    > >>
    > >>I notice we tend to get a lot of korean shit it seems that the IP block
    > >>used in NZ is also split with Korea.

    > > NZ uses a particular IP block? News to me
    > >

    > To right you cant just use any IP number on a public network, it has to
    > be issued to you by the controlling authority.

    There is no rule that says all IP addresses betweenn say 211.xxx.xxx.xxx
    and 221.xxx.xxx.xxx are assigned to NZ.

    Mainlander, Feb 11, 2004
  5. CollectorNZ

    CollectorNZ Guest

    Mainlander wrote:
    > In article <>, says...
    >
    >>Mainlander wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <>, says...

    >>>NZ uses a particular IP block? News to me
    >>>

    >>To right you cant just use any IP number on a public network, it has to
    >>be issued to you by the controlling authority.

    > There is no rule that says all IP addresses betweenn say 211.xxx.xxx.xxx
    > and 221.xxx.xxx.xxx are assigned to NZ.

    Not as such but tends to happen as those who obtain IP addresses get a
    block of consecqutive address and then divide them up from there.
    Every come across a 61.x.x.x in use in New Zealand? but 2xx.x.x.x are in
    use and with a little reasearch you could find out what blocks have been
    allocated to whom in NZ and it happens that one of Telecom/Xtras blocks
    is neatly divided between them and Korea.
    CollectorNZ, Feb 11, 2004
  6. CollectorNZ

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Mainlander wrote:

    > >>To right you cant just use any IP number on a public network, it has to
    > >>be issued to you by the controlling authority.

    > > There is no rule that says all IP addresses betweenn say 211.xxx.xxx.xxx
    > > and 221.xxx.xxx.xxx are assigned to NZ.
    > >

    > Not as such but tends to happen as those who obtain IP addresses get a
    > block of consecqutive address and then divide them up from there.
    > Every come across a 61.x.x.x in use in New Zealand? but 2xx.x.x.x are in
    > use and with a little reasearch you could find out what blocks have been
    > allocated to whom in NZ and it happens that one of Telecom/Xtras blocks
    > is neatly divided between them and Korea.

    But I know who owns a block of 165.xxx.xxx.xxx addresses in NZ, and that
    is not a common one at all.

    Mainlander, Feb 11, 2004
  7. CollectorNZ

    CollectorNZ Guest

    Mainlander wrote:

    > In article <>, says...
    >
    >>Mainlander wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <>, says...

    >>>There is no rule that says all IP addresses betweenn say 211.xxx.xxx.xxx
    >>>and 221.xxx.xxx.xxx are assigned to NZ.
    >>>

    >>Not as such but tends to happen as those who obtain IP addresses get a
    >>block of consecqutive address and then divide them up from there.
    >>Every come across a 61.x.x.x in use in New Zealand? but 2xx.x.x.x are in
    >>use and with a little reasearch you could find out what blocks have been
    >>allocated to whom in NZ and it happens that one of Telecom/Xtras blocks
    >>is neatly divided between them and Korea.

    > But I know who owns a block of 165.xxx.xxx.xxx addresses in NZ, and that
    > is not a common one at all.

    See more appropiate subject line post
    CollectorNZ, Feb 11, 2004