    simple file sharing. Could this be the possible reason that both should be
    running either Home or XP Pro?

    Any advise and input is much appreciated!

    =?Utf-8?B?V2laRUdVWQ==?=, Mar 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2laRUdVWQ==?=

    Malke Guest

    WiZEGUY wrote:

    > I just setup a wireless network with 2 machines. One PC is Windows XP
    > Edition and the other is Windows XP Professional. The PC with XP Pro
    > is not
    > seeing the Home Edition PC when i do a search for computers on
    > network. But
    > the Home Edition machine has no problem finding the XP Pro machine.
    > My problem with that is, the Home Edition PC has the printer installed
    > to it and i want to be able to print from the XP Pro machine.
    >
    > I also noticed that Home Edition doesn't have the option of disabling
    > the
    > simple file sharing. Could this be the possible reason that both
    > should be running either Home or XP Pro?
    >
    > Any advise and input is much appreciated!

    You are correct that you cannot disable simple sharing on Home. Set your
    Pro to also use simple sharing and share out the resources you want,
    like your printer. Here are some links to help you with sharing:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/troubleshoot_index.htm

    Malke